Safest place in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by abh16, Oct 25, 2012.

1. abh16

abh16 Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Would like to know the list of safest suburbs in Melbourne. Not very far from city. and also not very costly :)

I have a 15mnth old DS and planning to send him to day care after moving.

Currently we live in city and planning to move to suburbs in few months. So thought I will get some idea after posting here.

Please pour in your ideas.

2. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

Hi ,I am living in western suburbs.this side the rent price is reasonable than south and north suburbs.our area is 20 km from city.my husband recently got job on that south side in dandenong.we thought to move that side because it is too far for him .when we look for rent house.the two bedroom unit cost nearly 300$ per week.this side 3 bedroom unit is 250$ per week.so, we dropped our moving and my hubby is going daily to work by east link toll.

3. abh16

abh16 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply jeyasutha. Would like to know how safe is your suburb bcoz my DH works in night shift and comes home late night ( 2am - 3am).

4. Flames123

Flames123 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies.
    We have been granted 175 Visa (PR) we are looking at where to settle down- one possibility is Melbourne. can any of you please advice how cold is cold in the months of June - August? what should we expect? thanks

5. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

Hi abh16,don't worry.before my husband was working in Toyota for nearly 6 years in night shift.he always came home everyday 2-3 am. Only recently he got job in morning shift in another company. In our suburbs lots of people working in Toyota,because it is near to altona area where the factory is. So,at night time lots of car comes and goes .

6. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

Hi flames123,during the months of June-August every where in Australia is a colder months. It only ease during October . If you have any queries,feel free to ask me. Congratulations for your PR.

7. abh16

abh16 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply Jeyasutha

8. Flames123

Flames123 New IL'ite

thanks for your reply Jeysutha!! I know its winter in Australia - but i heard Melbourne is a lot cooler - can you advise what its like in comaprision to India?
    What about kids - how do they cope with the winter? do you'll avoid going out in the winter - or does iot not make much difference in any case? awaiting your kind reply.

9. abh16

abh16 Silver IL'ite

Hi Flames123,

Yeah its pretty cold here. I can compare it with Pune sometimes but not all the time.
    I have a 15mnth old son. We do go out depending on the temperature. I mostly cover my son when we go out not to get any cold symptoms.

And it rains most of the time like its unpredictable on rains. so should be careful.

10. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

Hi, compared to India,it is depends upon which part of India. In India north sides like Delhi very colder than south sides like chennai. I am from Madurai. There always hotter.compared to there,it is very colder to me. U don't need to about cold.here every one use heater in their bed rooms and also use quilt . It will keep the room warmer during sleep. If we go outside we always wear jumper depends upon the temperature .