Safe place to stay for elderly

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by Mihisha, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Hello!

I am from new delhi, settled in us for the last 5 years. My parents are growing old and my brother has got a job in mumbai. We have been staying in south delhi ( nanakpura area ) for the last 12 years and my parents are now used to staying here. They have good parks for thier morning walk, cleaner roads and accessibility to nearby shopping areas. It is a bit quieter area to stay compared to west/north delhi and they are now used to it. I wanted to know safe places to stay for them once my brother leaves.. we are right now looking for rented apartments with gated communities, tried out lots of them but always either "safety concerns" pop up or the rent is too high.

Can anyone suggest good places?
    Please post if anyone of you is also in similar situation ( old parents staying alone in delhi).....

Thanks!

2. Shabnam88

Shabnam88 New IL'ite

I suggest you can buy or rent a property in a senior citizen enclave. There is such an enclave called "Ashiana" in Bhiwadi just outside Delhi which has all the amenities including doctors and shops within the complex.
    Various builders/agents too offer such flats as there is quite a market for them.

3. evilmanu

evilmanu New IL'ite

hi dear, if u like then u can buy a aprtment or rent too in Dwarka society., with all the facility and security too. and transportation also nice n easy in Delhi. n there ur parents are feel safe also, park, jogging track also in society