1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sad Bday I ever had... Dh just wished me only!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by tulip2012, May 9, 2012.

1. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

Friends,
    It was my b day recently - the 3 rd one aft wedding... my DH just wished me in the morning and nothing more athn that..
    day was just ordinary.. if I were with friends or my home they would have celebrated it so well.

incidentally we all fell sick also... but couldnt plan anything on taht day.
    but he could have at least given me a card or flower... I manage to cokka nd give him cards - both hand writeen and purchased.. I even gifted hm a family calendar as a surprise for our betrotahl anniversary day...
    and last year wen we were at in laws place he clebrated with crackers and all.. and now we are living separate an all are thinking we had huge celbration... but nothing was tehre!!!... i could nt sleep at night and i told him taht i felt bad and send him an email.. he didnt even botehr to reply.... i feel like crying and feeling so bad... when his moms and sis bday some we give them new dresses ( after our marriage) and he gets gifts from my fmialy too on his bday.. how can he easily ignore me like this?

I am not able to stand this....

Love,
    Me

2. divyasselvan

divyasselvan Silver IL'ite

Tulip .. dont worry.. men are not very expressive and they easily overlook feelings especially if it belongs to wife..

he might be busy or in some other tension and so he would have missed your email..

try to give yourself a gift and gift your hubby too for your birthday .. so for his birthday he will return back a gift for you.. these are trivial things and dont worry or confuse too much.,.

1 person likes this.
  3. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Divya..... I am also working but have no control on spend... even if I want things I cant get t for myself.. he will not allow... I infact earn almost double but still treated like a non earner

4. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

Tulip2012,

I just wonder, only girl's parents celebrated birthdays and not the boys families?

I agree with Ms. Divyaselvam. Just, ignore him and move on. In the future, buy your favourite gift for B'days/wedding anniversaries and give him the Bill :) Don't be shy.

5 people like this.
  5. kadalpura

kadalpura Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    He might have been in some work tension and might have not seen your mail. You said he wished you only, be positive that he wished you, may be he didn't find time to buy any gift that he wanted to give. believe me, I wanted to gift a mobile to my dad on his birthday. Unfortunately, still I can't finalise a model that will suit him. It has been one week since his birthday :( may be your hubby is in a situation like me. So take it on a positive note that he remembered to wish you and be happy.
    And you said you both are living separately from inlaws this year, now that's a gift ;) so don't worry about material gifts.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  6. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

hmmm in My case.. if my parents give me gift MIL should insist that we should give to SIL... and no one from tehre buys anything for me.. my parents used to give me gold ear rings chain etc and now I asked them to stop giving me and it will only trigger another practice from their end and will not consider me.. dont think that Im selfish coz I am already paying off for my sis in laws dowry for a wedding taht happened one year prior to mine!

What ever things i say we will buy DH will say.. not now.. later... which kills all the spirit...

7. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

haha... themention about the gift is nice :)
    but he was with me only fully that day...not talking as he was working from home since unwell.. but he could have really planned for something over the weekend.. which he deliberately did not...
    tahnks for your words it soothed me down

8. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Dear Tulip....It just crossed my mind that maybe right now he doesnt have the money to buy you a gift and hes waitin for his salary so that he can surprise you....Just a thought...!!!

Ahh, being unwell he might not have planned and will surprise you some other time...!!! Trust me, men are not as senstive as us about b'days and other imp and special days...!!! Before getting married my DH used to have so many surprises for me - for my b'day, valentines day etc but now not even a flower and guess I am over it now cause it is no use explaining them what it means to us so better give yourself a treat and move on...!!!

Fingers crossed, you have a surprise waiting....!!!

9. lifeisajourney

lifeisajourney Silver IL'ite

hi tulip

happy birthday to you

4 people like this.
  10. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Tulip, Be happy that he remembered your b'day and wished you..there are men who forgets their spouse b'day/wishes...What do you say for that???? Hope you feel better.

1 person likes this.