1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Roshan, A Short But A Very Melodious Life

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Roshan had one great asset with him- Rafi’s Voice through which he could mesmerise people with his melodious tunes. If there were two mediocre actors who benefited both through his music and Rafi’s voice- it was Bharat Bushan and Pradeep Kumar. What memorable songs we have in Barsat Ki Raat,Bheeghi Raat, Tajmahal, Nai Umar Ki Nai Fazal etc.
    Due to some error I am unable to upload you tube videos here. I will be happy if you post this song from Anokhi Raat’ Taal mile nadhi Ki jal me’’ A beautiful folksy background score for this song! Thanks to your threads I am refreshing my memory of old songs and MDs, watching the entire lot of you tube videos!
    Here is your song:
    Oh Re Taal Mile - Sanjeev Kumar - Anokhi Raat - Bollywood Songs - Zahida - Mukri'

Agatha83

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018
  2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Completely agree sir. I once had the opportunity to meet the famous Tamizh singer PB Srinivas and heard him say that while Rafi was more popular, Manna Da's singing was so perfect and his pitch so in tune that if you played the Harmonium keys, it would be in perfect sync with Manna Da's voice. Just the sheer variety he has sung .... aye meri zohra jabeen to darshan do ghanshyam to pee bin soona ree ... just the whole range and variety amazes me to no end!!

And Talat, he is a feast for both the eyes and the ears :) I think you should start a thread on these singers also soon!! :) I would be so grateful!

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Agatha83
    I have uploaded the beautiful Mukesh song as desired by you in your own post. All the songs that you have pointed out are my favourite too. Thank you for enjoying my trip down memory lane!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@peartree
    I lived in a house in Luz Avenue in Mylapore that belonged to the younger sister of PB Srinivas. He was extremely fond of his sister and nephews that he used to visit the house daily. We were all great fans of his and he would often sing for us. He used to carry at least half a dozen pens of different colors in his shirt pocket. Golden days!
    Here is another great combo of Roshan-Manna Dey in Dilhi to hai:

justanothergirl likes this.