Rose Garden, Ludhiana

Discussion in 'Punjab & Haryana' started by Shireen88, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Shireen88

Shireen88 New IL'ite

It is the largest Rose Garden in Asia, it is spread over an area of 27 acres and has more than 17,000 plants representing some 1,600 varieties of roses as well as several fountains.

Nehru Rose Garden is one of the green spaces of Ludhiana city. With landscaped lawns and tracks, this garden is an ideal place for spending with family. Boat rides in the pool and mini-zoo are the major entertainments here.

I too had a nice time with my family in this place. I hope i will find someone who has visited here?

2. aryasonia

aryasonia Senior IL'ite

Hi Shereen
    I completely agree with u It a beautiful place to spend an evening with your loved one..:)

3. bappika007

bappika007 Senior IL'ite

[​IMG] What do you think? looks like artificial isn't it.. But it isnt.. this is the rose garden.

Rightly spoken by Shireen, A beautiful place.

How do you feel when you see this pic?

4. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Bappika
    a beautiful pic...and yes its so good that it seems artificial.

Dear Shireen
    Thanks for sharing about the Garden...I had never heard of this.
    Actually other rose gardens in other cities are famous but the biggest one is not so.

5. keerat45

keerat45 Senior IL'ite

I have heard that this Rose garden is the Asia's largest? It is also called as Zakir Rose Garden.

It is in sector 16 next to the city's cricket stadium.

It was named after India's former President, Zakir Hussain. Alongwith the roses emphasis was also given on the trees of medicinal value and some unique specimen trees.

And to enhance this beauty as You all have agreed the Fountains and bright lights at night provide a breath of fresh air to all who come to enjoy a walk and unwind.

6. craftsmaster

craftsmaster New IL'ite

Well, that is widely recognize, surely no one will disagree with that. Moving on...I started collecting roses way back 4 years ago, and it really gives me the allure, and the mystique of love.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

7. minti

minti Senior IL'ite

Hi Dear,

the mention of rose garden has made me nostalgic. As kids we used to every year go to my Mama's place in Ludhiana and one place were we all cousins you to go in the evenings was the Rose garden. A very beautiful and huge garden indeed.:thumbsup

8. craftsmaster

craftsmaster New IL'ite

Hi minti,

If you're dedicated to organic gardening, then one of the first things you'll need to learn is to put up with some imperfections in your roses. It's a small price to pay to be chemical-free!<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

9. KrisFlyer

KrisFlyer New IL'ite

Wow such nice flowers, never knew it was there in Ludhiana.. my next visit to india ..it is a must visit