1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Roku/watchsuntv.com

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by lathavim, Aug 2, 2011.

1. lathavim

lathavim New IL'ite

Anyone used watchsuntv.com via roku? I am planning to subscribe tamil package in watchsuntv.com. Not sure how the quality will be.

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have a Roku which I purchased in lieu of cable so I could watch news, Netflix etc. There are soooo many channels you can get free worldwide. One feed from India that comes in really well is Yupp but there are a lot of different packages. Yupp is nice enough to provide free channels so you can watch news and some music videos in different Indian languages and in Engish. Check out on the Roku website what channels they list and then go to the websites and see the packages. Also on Roku you can add private/unlisted channels on the add a channel function of your account page. I added one of free Hindi movies that way. Channels on Roku are added almost daily so have to keep checking. Also some packages give a free Roku with signup but its the really basic version. Check which box you like best as the best box has some distinct advantages by way of wireless receptioin and also you can hook in USB to play saved movies.

3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

I also have Roku in lieu of cable, but I have not subscribed to sun tv. In tamil ipv channel some other tamil channels are coming. Sometimes it takes time to load.

4. lathavim

lathavim New IL'ite

Thank you both!

5. Deens

Deens New IL'ite

Hi,

I wanted to know what hindi movie channel you could get for free and whats the process to add those channels.

If you know how can i get hindi channels through Roku, please share it.

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for the late reply about the Hindi channels. It took me a while to remember where I had added it. For my evening tv viewing of American live channels I had added a monthly subsciption to PlayOn ($4.99/month) which allows me to stream the majoy channels from my laptop to the Roku. Now in PlayOn you can add various options (free) and one that I added was Hindi movies. They have a huge assortment BUT depending on where they are streaming from may not be working at the that moment but might be available later. I was just testing a couple and the picture quality is fine and they do show the subtitles. Let me know if you get it and what you think.

7. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Streaming speed in Roku or any other iptv players depends on the internet connection, it works pretty well with an un interrupted 2mbps connection. But, check with your internet operator about the maximum download size limit. There was a time when I forgot to switch off iptv player and just the tv and even though the tv wasn't on, internet was still streaming the channels and we reached the max download within few days(250 gb, which is pretty huge for even a commercial establishment)