1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rocker/Bouncer - Need help

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Padminiramesh, Dec 25, 2009.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini a rocker rocks a bouncer bounces:biglaugh

anyway i hv both n both work for us, just that he will outgrow his bouncer in 6-8 months

teh thing is diff things work for diff babies, wot might work for mine wont work for urs:)
    its sheer luck...
    wen we bought the mobile she hated it and fussed, she was too young... now she loves it

she hated her crib so we got a cradle, she hated her cradle initially now sleeps in it during the day...

she wont trust her bouncer for couple of wks, and now does!:)

watever you buy ur kid will eventually get used to it

2. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Poonam and others, I finally got the fisherprice infant to toddler rocker. Laya was surprisingly happy when I seater here there, but she got a bit afraid when I started rocking her.

Poonam, do you get Zoey to sleep in the rocker? I know many people who does that, but I was just wondering even after they sleep in it, we have to shift them to their cot eventually, I am pretty sure Laya will wake up if I do that. Also, do you use the vibration feature? I am a bit sceptic about using that.

3. SwamiBlessUsAll

SwamiBlessUsAll Senior IL'ite

We have the same - Infant to toddler rocker. My DS also used to get afraid when I rocked. I put a blanket on the rocker and placed him and wrapped him like being swaddled - then rocking him did not startle him.

I rock him in my arms till he is sleepy and then put him down on the rocker seat. As soon as he is put down, he will wake up. Then I wrap him and rock him to sleep. He sleeps within minutes and stays asleep for longer period of time, than when he is on his back. Especially when he had nasal congestion, sleeping in the rocker chair helped him sleep for longer period of time - on the bed, he would wake up within minutes.
    -PK.

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

rekha, no zoey wasnt afraid wen we rocked her... but all kids are diff so :)
    she seldom falls asleep in her rocker.... and then slowly i pull the clip off slowly behind , to put her in the "newborn" stage inclination and just let her sleep in it, she has peacefully slept in it few times for around 45 mins to an hour....but most times we rock her to sleep(thats wat she prefers) and its faster... and put her in her cradle.
    rekha i used to do that, like an idiot, wen we had the bouncer, bounce bounce her to sleep and then transfer her to the cradle/crib she wld wake up! so now i dont....

however most times the rocker gets to be used for me to be handsfree when she is awake

no , we havent used the vibrator feature in it, i am also a bit sceptical everytime i think of it...!

5. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Frnds,
    One quick question. Is it fine that we leave our LO in the rocker for longer time, say half hr or one hr? because i am bit scared that it wld affect his neck and hip. He is just 1 month and a week old. I am just keeping him for 5-10 mins and taking him back. Please advise.

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini, for longer duration incline him to the newborn setting... and not the sitting position. if its a bouncer it is fine...
    and 45 mins isnt really a problem, just fasten the belt, although i am wondering if he is really that mobile yet :)

7. SwamiBlessUsAll

SwamiBlessUsAll Senior IL'ite

I let my LO sleep in the rocker during his morning naps - it helps him sleep longer when he has nasal congestion. I think it is ok, since they say that if the baby likes to sleep in a car seat, let them do. As long as it is comfortable for him, I let him stay in the rocker.

-PK

8. Padminiramesh

Thanks Poonam,
    I rested him in the newborn position and rocked him, he was looking into the toys for 20 mins and slept for 30 mins. But the sitting position, i hope he is fine, but i dont want to take risk.

9. Padminiramesh

Thanks PK. LO slept for about 30 minutes in the rocker, i think he is comfortable. But i dont know what he is going to do tomorrow :)

10. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

My LO is 6 months old. I started solids for her just 2 weeks back. I keep her on my lap and feed, which s very difficult. Which will solve this purpose? Shall I go for rocker or bouncer or swing or high chair? If I buy this now, will I be able to use for the next 1 year?