1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rocker/Bouncer - Need help

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Padminiramesh, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My son Hayagreev always wants to rock and keeps him in our hands. Sometimes i am really getting exhausted. So we are planning to buy a rocker/bouncer for rocking him. I am not sure how this would solve my problem. So Mommies i need your help on this. Would really rocker/bouncer worth the money and solves the purpose? What are the Pros and cons of these?
    Please advise.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini, we hv a rocker, and i cant imagine handling my baby without one.... if i work in the kitchn, i just put her in the rocker n do the chores... helps me keep my arms free....
    but that does not warrant that u wont hv to rock him in your arms... they want to be close to your skin hence the demand... but a rocker/ bouncer does help u to keep ur arms free wen u are busy doing some chores around.

another thing that has helped me is keeping her in her crib with the mobile on. she keeps looking at the toys overhead... and keeps playing for good 30-35 mins

3. Padminiramesh

Thanks Poonam.
    I do have a Crib, but I am not putting him there all the times, because he always wants someone to be around. I heard that baby wld look and play only when they are two months+, so i am yet to fix a mobile thr. I am planning to get Fisherprice's rocker/bouncer. Do you know anyother brand that is good? Also i am not sure about the vibrator in the rocker/bouncer. Will that harm the LO?

Thanks

4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

I had the fisher price newborn to toddler rocker and my son loved it, infact, now at 16 months, we still put him in it to give him his milk. since it's mobile, you can move it around as you work , just give him some extra toys to play with apart from the ones already in the rocker. the vibrations are so minute that it does not bother them at all.

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I also have the same Fisherprice infant to toddler rocker.

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

lol ladies we too hv fisherprice the infant to toddler rocker...
    we hv the fisherprice rainforest musical mobile, although it doesnt lull her to sleep she loves loves it, and keeps playing looking at the toys.

for bouncer, u get lots of brands from Rs 1200- 4000

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  7. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

I dont have a rocker, as I thought it can be used only for 6 months! didnt realise there was an infant to toddler one available, going to grab it. We once went to take a passport size photo for her, and they used a bouncer to take photograph,, a very simple model. She absolutely loved lying there. We went and bought a good one and alas! she wouldnt like it!

Are you guys talking about this model?
    Fisher-Price Infant to Toddler Rocker: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Does it have a head support?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  8. Padminiramesh

Thanks for your inputs. But then which one is the best Rocker or bouncer?. I really didn't find any difference between these two other than the price.
    Please advise.

9. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

10. Padminiramesh

With my little knowledge i know rocker and bouncer r different:). But i am really trying to understand what is the big difference between these. Which one would be better? What does a rocker or bouncer do? I may sound silly, but no other go, I need one of these for Hayagreev.:)