Rithik born - 33weeks old

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by AnithaPartha, Nov 30, 2009.

1. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Anitha,
    Congratulations dear. Rithik.. welcome to the world!! All will be well Anitha dont worry.
    Aparna

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anitha,
    Great news. 4.2 lbs is amazing. He is doing well. I hope he gets off the tube too. That way you can take him home.
    Don't worry about the hearing test. I had to get a repeat for my LO too although she was not in the NICU for the stipulated one week. She passed both with flying colors. I'm sure Rithik is going to be just fine.
    Btw, even with my LO the neonatologist was insisting on bottle feed to make sure she knew the quantity of milk LO was getting but then I insisted on nursing and my pediatrician insisted on the same thing so she had to budge and let me nurse the baby. Initially she gave me a lot of gyan on how we would not know if the baby is "getting enough". My pediatrician's answer to that was if she has wet diapers and gains wt, means she gets enough. Another thing is that they have a belief that preemies need formula to help them gain wt sooner. My pediatrician again insisted that she be on BM alone unless my supply is low. Sometimes two docs have different opinions of the same things!

Good Luck,
    L

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  3. ahmareen

ahmareen Senior IL'ite

hearty congratulations to you and your family.
    good to see ritik is growing well.everything will become perfect with the time passes.
    enjoy n gd luck

4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies,

Thanks a lot for all your wishes..
    Rithik is finally in our sweet home :thumbsup

Laks - You are right.. Actually am pumping milk and feeding him. I take 45ml of my milk and add 1/4 powder to it and give him. He has gained well..

Recent wt gain need to check with ped tomo only.. Will keep you all posted again..

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anitha,
    Good to hear about your son... :)
    Hope he keeps you very busy!
    Take care of yourself & your LO!

6. AnithaPartha

Dear Vasumathy,

YOu are 500% right. Time is 3.25am here and still awake.. :rotfl
    Need to wake him for feeding..
    Between, thanks a ton for your wishes !!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  7. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    good to see that Rithik is back home in ur arms. Hope ur having a busy time with him
    Congrats to u and ur family.
    -Priya

[​IMG]

8. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Anitha,

Congrats!! I saw this thread very lately , I had pre-term delivary at end of 35 weeks with 4.2lb baby boy born, was in NICU for 2 weeks gain his weight and breath by himself. He is 5 year old now :) doing great. I had gone through tough time with no help in US (due to emergency unplanned c-section delivary) and not even moral support :rant you are very lucky in that way as you are getting good support throught this IL.

Hope you are also taking enough rest, that is very important.

Sujatha.

9. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Congrats Anitha! Rithik has such a cute smile! He will keep you busy and entertained from now on! Get some sleep whenever he goes down for a nap ... these moments are precious so take as many pictures and videos you can !

10. AnithaPartha

Thanks Priya !

Sujatha - Oh is it? Good to hear from you so that I can relax..

Ladies,

Rithik was doing okay at home.. He gained good wt.. Today we had ped check up and he was 4pounds 12.5 oz

But since yday he is not taking the right amount of milk.. min he has to take 45ml.. he was taking in 50-55ml sometimes but since yday he is taking just 30ml and after that he is pushing out bottle :rant

DH is too worried and I have no clue what to do? In 1.5hrs he is crying for milk.. He was taking 55ml every 3hrs and some how program changed and since then he is behaving like this