Rithik born - 33weeks old

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by AnithaPartha, Nov 30, 2009.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Re: Baby boy arrived

dear anitha, loads of wishes to u, and wishing u a wonderful and happy motherhood!

2. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

congrats anitha.
    Last dec one of my friends delivered her baby girl in 31 weeks..
    all well with the baby now and we are all getting ready to celebrate her 1st bday..
    so relax...
    dont strain yourself too much..

3. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anitha,
    Congrats on the Birth of Rithik :thumbsup .Dont worry everything will be alrite very soon.I will pray for you n ritik.

Regards
    Vasuma.

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anitha - I know exactly what you are going through. I went through the same things, since it was my first time and I was in the US all alone.
    Don't worry, doctors will keep an eye on his lung development. Quick question, did you get steroid shots to get his lungs up to speed when you went into labor? In my case, I was able to get both the shots before she was born(I had a threatened preterm labor condition, so the minute I was in the hospital they gave me the shots as a precaution). If you got atleast one of them before he was born, chances are his lungs will mature soon. Once he is able to breathe without assistance and suckle well(even if he is feeding well from the bottle), they will let him come home. Docs told me she needed to be 5lbs before coming home but then she was breathing on her own and nursing well so they let her come @4.4 lbs. I think she hit the 5lbs mark only at 2 weeks. She came home three days after I was discharged.

Btw, if you intend to breastfeed him, please rent a hospital grade pump from the hospital itself. My milk didn't come in until I used it about 7 days later. For premature deliveries it is harder for the mom to lactate and so use this pump. I did pump milk and take it to the hospital for her.

Take care of yourself, he'll be fine. I know a 30 weeker also who is doing great, so don't worry. Very soon, you'll forget he was a preemie.

5. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Anitha don't worry Rithik will be home with you soon. One of my friend delivered in her 7th month her kid is doing good and will soon celebrate his 6th birthday.
    My prayers are with you.

6. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laks,

Thanks for your soothing words.. Today am little less worried... But my DH is still thinking about the shock..

reg, steriods shots.. yeap, i was also given a threat in hosp that i will need to be in bed only till I deliver and they injected 1 shot in my thighs area.. after 12hrs they were planning to give me one more shot but my delivery happend right before the 2ns shot.. so i couldnt get the 2nd shot... my GYN and me never expected this water break.. is there any special reason for early water break??

Today we met our Rithik and they told that baby is doing good.. Feeding tomorrow they will start seems.. Wt reduced by 1 pound(which they say it is normal after birth).. DH started worrying more.. Nurse asked me to keep rubber nipple in his mouth and I did and happy to see him suck well.. But help required for him to suck.. Still c-pad(not sure if I tell this term correctly) it was kept still in nose(oxygen supply)..

Thurs/Fri they gonna do a brain scan seems.. We are all waiting for him to get home sooner..

Reg, milk.. even am wondering am getting good supply of milk right from day 2.. I pumped 60ml and gave to baby.. Milk is in yellow colour but.. is it called coloustrum milk?? when it will get white?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  7. AnithaPartha

Pmahensa - You are right dear.. At NICU they take care of baby very well.. Their words are also soothing for parents.. Parents are allowed 24/7 and grand parents are also allowed.. Due to flu season others are not allowed..

DH is only very much worried.. He was dreaming to play with Rithik once he is born.. He was planning to hug him & play with him :) but since he is in NICU now and also too tiny Dh is very much worried.. Am trying to convince him to my level best telling he will be alright soon..

Coming Sat he will be 34w and am eagerly waiting for 37w..

Thanks Poonam, Swetha & Aparna

8. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Anitha ,

Tight Hugs and lots of love & kisses to Rithik..... Congrats dear on the arrival of ur sweet heart. Please be calm and have faith in Super Almighty. He will get things right for u.

I can totally relate the stress & the anxiety in ur family, i also delivered a Pre mature baby at 35 weeks..... and God has made me survive the tide. So be Postive. U will be in my prayers.

Love
    vaidehi

9. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anitha,

Congratulations!!!thats was really happy to read about your delivery...

Everything is god's decision, don't worry kutti paiyan will be back home soon with good health.

I remember that you were asking about Hackensack hospital, i replied in few thread to your post...I was wondering that you were not past 3-4days in online...but this good news gives me lot of happiness....

Takecare...Pray for kutti's recovery ...Happy motherhood.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  10. AnithaPartha

Dear Vaidehi & Gokusha,

Thanks a lot for your wishes.. Yes, pre-term labour is unplanned so bit tensed and nervous 2 days back.. Still in shock..

After seeing him in hosp couldnt get home leaving him there.. Soon he should join us..