1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ripley's museum

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meera2503, Aug 7, 2008.

1. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

This funny incident happened last year at Ripley's 'believe it or not' museum.We read about some amazing stories and witnessed some odd,scary and unbelievable facts.

The tallest man,who ever lived,the fattest man,a man who could pop out his eyes from his sockets at will,some tribes which preserved the human face of the dead in a shrunken form,a man who had trained his trout to jump out of water through rings ,the man with crocodile teeth etc.Though some of them were irksome and weird.

When we walked into one of the rooms,I saw a man standing at the entrance.He was talking pictures of his wife,a stout lady who was on the other side of the doorway.So I quickly moved out of the way into the room,saying "Oops,sorry".

Just then dd entered the room behind me and was standing on the door way and I pulled her quickly out of the
    way.She ran back to the doorway to look for dh and again I pulled her back saying in Tamil "they are taking snaps,come here". Then my dh entered and I asked him to move out of the way,pointing to them,and he said "oh,ok".

Some other visitors were entering in and we told them to wait too.They were waiting outside , for him to finish taking photos.We stood looking at them for five minutes,neither the man finished taking snaps nor the lady budged.
    Then it dawned on us that it was a wax statue of man taking snaps and a lady.

Here is the picture

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Meera,
    that is awesome...
    Sometimes real looks like a waxed one, but here the waxed look real...enjoyed reading, viewing it..

sriniketan

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

meera,

That looked spooky reading until i saw the picture.

Amazing works of art isn't it.

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear meera,
    had a good Big Laugh..the picture of the man(statue) actually looked like a man i know, from dhs office...
    Mindi...

5. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear meera mam...

Thats nice ,Awesome Mam ... Thanx for sharing dearie !!!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008