1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rights

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by maalti, Apr 19, 2016.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Gopi and Vijay were friends. Gopi had bought a new car. He had invited Vijay to his house on Sunday to see the new car. Vijay went to Gopi's house on Sunday. It was a busy residential area and Vijay reached there with great difficulty. He was greeted by Gopi and his wife. Since it was tea time, Gopi's wife had prepared Samosas and tea which tasted good. They were talking for some time.

"Did you see today's paper?"asked Gopi. "Yes, I saw, but what particular news are you talking about? "Vijay asked.

"It is about the people living on the streets. There are nearly 16000 people living in the streets in Chennai alone. What right do they have to live on the streets? Do they pay any tax for using the streets as homes to the Government? I don't know when our country is going to improve "Gopi told. After talking for some time, they went to the parking area to see the new car which Gopi had bought. It was a pure white color car and looked very good. "Wow Gopi, your car looks really good". They talked about the car and it's features and it was time for Vijay to leave.

"OK Gopi, my time is up. By the way, what did you do your old car? Have you sold it?

"No Vijay, I have retained it for my wife".

"But there is only one car in the parking lot "Vijay asked doubtfully.

"I have parked on the road as there is space for only one car in our parking lot" Gopi replied.

"Shall I tell you something Gopi? Just some time back you were talking so much about the people living on the streets. But you have parked your car on the road creating nuisance to the public. Do you pay any tax for parking your car on the road? Then what right do you have to talk about poor people living on the streets. I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. But please think about what I said. Do you have separate set of rules as you are better off than them?

Gopi hung down his head in shame. "I am sorry Vijay. It is a mistake on my part. First I should live perfectly. I shall see what can be done with my old car".

Vijay patted his friend feeling happy that Gopi took it in the right sense.

Thyagarajan, rudrakshi, Amica and 3 others like this.

2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Maalti. Loved the nice story with a very good moral. Yes. we should look at ourselves first before pointing fingers at others. Also very lovely narration. Please write more.

3. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Op,
    Good thoughtful story..Infact parking car on road is one of big issues in chennai

4. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful Write up! It had wonderful Message . Loved it !

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@maalti, you've written a nice story very succinctly. Well done! :thumbsup: