1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ridiculously-nasty

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sita2223, Jan 17, 2011.

1. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl How can such experienced ladies talk so silly?

I agree.

2. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

:biglaugh They try to be nasty, but are sometimes so ridiculous, we have to laugh it off. Good story.

Thats really mean. Glad that you got them back.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  3. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Once my MIL asked SIL to mail us some stuff (within US). It was a box full of stuff. It was supposed to be gift from ILs to us. Now SIL is so jealous that she mailed that box with a single strip of cello-tape holding the package. The post office people had to put their own tape along with a note to us saying the package wasn't properly sealed.

Same thing happened when she mailed a rakhi packet for her brother in a regular envelope. It reached us 1 month delayed, the envelope all torn off, placed in a post office sealed cover, again with a note to us from the post office.

Basically she mails the stuff to show ILs that she has all good intentions, but wantedly sabotages the packages hoping we don't receive them.

4. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

:hiya Just realized I am a SILVER ILite. YAY!!!

5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

OMG that is like my sil!!! I had sent my sil, mil and fil's holiday presents in one package, since they were supposed to spend christmas together in dubai at my sil's house. Well, my mil/fil ended up staying in India. So my sil said she would send their presents through "a friend" who was going to India "soon". Now it's been 2 months since I sent my sil the gifts, and she has still not passed it along to go to India. When I sent the package, I specifically told my sil that I had made two boxes of HOME MADE CANDIED NUTS (one for sil, one for mil/fil) and that they were perishable, and that they must be eaten SOON. So either my sil has eaten the gift I made for my mil/fil, or she has let it rot in her house. It really boils my blood. I made my sil her own tin of nuts, but she could not even bother to make sure that my mil got hers. And to top it off, I told my sil that I had packed some fragile glass gifts for my mil.... so why does she think it's ok for her stupid friend to stuff it in her luggage?

I'm beginning to think there is no friend going to India, and my sil has just done this to prevent our gifts from reaching her parents due to her oversized ego. Me and dh had spent so much on shipping to make sure the gifts got there in a timely manner, and now she pulls a stunt like this. I wrote to her tonight requesting her to mail the package to my mil ASAP, and that if need be, I will wire her the money to pay for the postage.

It is really not right what she is doing. Definitely the nuts I made would have spoiled in two months. :thumbsdown

p.s. congrats sita on the silver status!

6. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

I have one to add in here
    It was my 15day after marriage and my sister came along with me to drop me at my in-laws place , during her conversation with my mil she just mentioned that I her sister(which is me) gets preg she would takecare of me since my mother will not be able to do it. For that my mil started saying that they are kids and they should plan it after 2 years or so and not now. Me and my hubby were happy to hear this as we had similar plans, now the very next week when we came to know that my SIL is preg the story has change , My MIL started saying thats why I said not to wait for 2 years and the early is the best. Both me & my hubby were laughing at this :rotfl

7. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Yes, it is best not to tell ILs at all. I really wish I could do that.
    But,my DH doesnt realise that his parents or sis dislikes me studying. He thinks they are our biggest well-wishers :crazy.

However, me and DH have come to an agreement that we are not giving out details about my studies,especially the tution fee.

8. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Here goes another stupid thing which my mil did , She definetly loved her pet.:thumbsup

Well it was my firstnight and yes I was scared and mixed emotions were running in me , but I never though even she(my MIL) would go through it lol
    My Mil and her sister were helping me to get ready for the night ,she was so much tensed that she took noticks powder and was rubbing it on my face ,I had this strange smell and was thinking what powder it could be???... Softly i asked her the powder name , she gave me the tin , I was shocked and washed my face and told her this powder is used for dogs when have insects on them :rotfl.

1 person likes this.
  9. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Ewwww that is gross!! :shock:

10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Here is my few contribution to this thread....

Please bear with me, my list goes on & on....

When she visited our house after my second son's birth, during some argument she said she would give me a divorce.
    I said I will be very happy to get a divorce from you.
    Later she realized that she was suppose to scare me by saying "she would make her son give me a divorce".
    Myself and my co-sister laughed at this very much.

1 person likes this.