1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ridiculously-nasty

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sita2223, Jan 17, 2011.

1. avenka

avenka Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a funny thing to share with you people. Its about my sisters MIL ( I have not had any issues with my MIL till day)
    My sisters MIL is a pretty interesting women….she keeping thinking of impossible things and starts talking about it which at times can be very annoying.
    One fine day she asked my sister – in case both my parents die who will take them to grave yard and do all the rituals….since we don’t have any brother she was curious to know. My sister got so mad and shocked:shock:, but she didn’t reply to her MIL. She called me immediately and started cursing her…..i couldn’t stop laughing….yes it was cruel but I didn’t know how to react.

2. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

Just thought of another one:

MIL openly told me that she feels more comfortable with cosis than me. And blames it on me saying that I do not talk openly with her. If I do talk openly she shoots down all that I say and tells me that I should not say this, not think that way-all sorts of free advice.
    And I hate that she is rude at times to my parents. She is very sweet to cosis parents though cos they are rougher and tougher than her!:biglaugh

3. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

LOL avenka...that was pretty touchy-your sis's MIL.

Reminds me of the time I informed cosis that I was pregnant and she kept talking about some of her friends who had had miscarriages (with details on how the mc happened) and asked me to be careful. Dunno if it was the hormones but I thought "Stop it already!"

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  4. avenka

avenka Senior IL'ite

my ex-boss use to do the same to me...hehehhhee. :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  5. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Hi Saumya,

My MIL does the same. I admit she's a good cook but there are plenty of better cook out there. :rotfl Every time we eat out, she'll taste all the dishes and say she can cook better. I'll be smiling within me, " That's what you think but for me these dishes are 1000 times better than what you cook." :biglaugh

She complains every year during deepavali that all the murukus and cookies sold in the shop or made by others are not tasty. She keeps on asking people to taste her murukus and cookies saying it taste so good.

She thinks or rather assumes that my hubby only loves her cooking, murukus and cookies. When I first got married she was trying to teach me her methods of cooking and I did follow some but always cook my own style. She goes around telling everyone that my hubby is not getting tasty food since I don't follow her style. Co-sister obeys everything MIL says. So infront me she would purposely tell her other relatives that co-sister is managing with what she has taught her and coping with her other son (my BIL).

I just don't care about her when my hubby often appreciates me and enjoys my cooking. I know it might not taste that good like his mum's cooking (he has never mentioned anything like that) but yet I want my dishes to taste unique than others and not taste the same as MIL's.

6. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Nothing funny but just feel like sharing. MIL and co-sister used to team up and 'bully' me I would say. :spin

Once while I was sweeping they saw my hair on the bedroom floor, MIL told co-sister "see lots of her (mine) hair falling out". I said it's normal certain amount of hair (I forgot, 50-100 strands?) falls out daily. MIL told co-sister "but her hair seems to fall out more than it should daily". Of course co-sister happily agreed. Actually I didn't sweep my room for 3 days and it was the accumulated hair of 3 days but yet not a lot like they were picturing.

I always double check my stove after turning it off because once my cousin thought she had 'fully' turned it off but when I walked pass the kitchen she turned it off only half way and the fire was till burning. We would hear a 'tit' sound when we turn it off and the sound could be heard half way too. Co-sister and MIL refuse to accept this and say I am VERY VERY scared when it comes to cooking and kitchen. No harm in double checking right especially when it comes to things like stoves?

7. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

I will add one more to the list. This is mostly ridiculous (not nasty).

My friend's in-laws have this huge issue about visiting relatives. They are very good otherwise. They think it is absolutely important that their son and DIL visit each and every relative on their side. From the time my friend and her husband land in their city from US, they have to start planning on making these visits. The most ridiculous visit i heard from her, was that they were sent to meet a cousin of her husband at a railway station at 3 in the morning. If not then, they will not be able to meet the cousin, since she is attending college in another state.:bowdown

8. lifeisajourney

lifeisajourney Silver IL'ite

here comes another one from my end

when my fil was visiting us here, on the second day i started preparing seafood(crab) curry after coming from work,there you go he was there standing at the back of me so close that if i try to move surely i am going to hit him, and giving me instructions from the start saying pour oil,put onions fry them move this side to this side and crab ,masala, and soooo on..... it went all the way till i finished preparing the curry.and then i cooked rice.mean time he went on saying how they used to buy seafood in large quantities and enjoy them eating

the real punch is now -- i served rice and curry and we were all set to eat then he was asking his son how to break the crab shell and get the meat out of it. hearing this i went :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

1 person likes this.
  9. aneesasaied

aneesasaied Junior IL'ite

My DH works away from india. Wen i was newly married my MIL also came along wit me to stay wit my DH. After few months my MIL's sister called up and asked me do i feel my MIL to be in barrier btw me and my DH...
    I replied "no"... how could she expect me to say "yes"... If i had said tht it could hav become topic of the relatives :):)

10. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi IL's,
    Its been long since we talked about our Inlaw's ridiculously-nasty things. I wanted to share few things which happened.

As few of you know we where TTC from long and finally my prayers are answered , I am happy to say that I am 6 months preg now.

As soon as we came to know that I am preg , I called up my MIL and told her that I am preg :) but I never expected the answer which she gave me , she asked me for a proof , a proof that I am preg and its her son kid ... grrr .. Both me & my hubby were pissed of by her response ...