1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Rice Noodles

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Manaswini08, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Has anyone tried cooking with Rice Noodles...like the ones we get from the Chinese stores? If so, would you post some recipes?

Thanks,
    Manaswini

2. SandyTM

SandyTM Junior IL'ite

hi... i have tried making upma and sevai with it and it comes out real good. I use rice sticks. They are very thin and i believe they are used in Pad thai noodles.
    For Upma:
    Splutter some mustard, add urad dal and let it become light brown. Add green chillies.
    Add sufficient water so that the noodles get almost soaked. Bring the water to a boil. Add salt to the water. Add the noodles and cook till it gets soft.

For sevai variations:
    Add lemon juice for lemon sevai,
    Coconut for cocnut sevai.

Hope that helped. You can probably try making some sweet or kheer with it too

3. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I too make sevai with rice noodles. I don't cook it, I bring a large quantity of water to a rolling boil and soaking the rice noodles in the water for 10 minutes or so and drain, and then season with mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves etc. Then add salt to taste and mix well.

4. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Sounds good....thank u ladies for the suggestions....will try it soon.