1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

revisiting my mentors

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by muzna, Jan 6, 2009.

1. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

My life post 26/11 has been one filled with general depression. Not that any of my family or friends were involved in it, but every thing seems to have taken a back seat as i have started thinking about the worthiness or rather the worthlessness of this life God has given us.
    last time this happened it was the Tsunami which had caused huge devastation, and i was at that very moment travelling towards Kanyakumari with my family. That time as it was a natural calamity, which i had bypassed, i was able to collect myself. Though my life many lessons. The most important being the learning of THANKSGIVING.
    Still i am a mass of unfinished thoughts_ many questions keep on cropping up........
    is it this which is going to be the reality of the coming days?
    are the natural calamities in the world of no consequence that we need to live in the fear of terror now?
    who is to blame?
    how much of the blame is mine?
    am i bringing up my children in a way that is required in this age?( my eight year lod son already asks why the life , if it has to be under fire)
    There are so many questions, but my concience still throws up a few, every few days. Again i go to my MENTOR....
    who else but GANDHIJI...
    what would he have told us , if we had asked him these questions.
    I know many would say that even he would have no answers for the time we are living in. But again i beg to differ with these voices... the positive outlook of that man would have shown us the path towards peaceful and non-violent future.
    Today i listened to a bhajan of Lord Krishana..ACHHUTAM KESHAVAM...this bajan i have always liked. But today it gave me new meanings ...telling me that only when the disciple is keen to learn , the guru can bestow his blessings. The purity of our heart can lead us to the divine if we strive with selfless devotion, complete surrender and without any compulsion. This bhajan always gave me goose pimples.. today it has led me to the peace inside. Telling me that it is up to me find peace ... and only i can do it.
    This is the I which is my link to that Universal Divine Being.
    I sum up with the words of SRi Sri Parmahansa Yogananda...
    "Mind is the creator of everything. You should therefore guide it to create only good. If you cling to a certain thought with dynamic will power, it finally assumes a tangiable outward form. When you are able to employ your will always for constructive purposes , you become the controller of your destiny."
    The bhajan is available on
    YouTube - Achutam keshavam
    Please let me know how you liked it.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Muzna I feel I am glimpsing at a different side of you my friend.. Contemplative eh?? Will listen to the bhajan sometime soon.. I agree with you these thoughts do pop in our heads and we need a spiritual guide or mentor or both,to help us walk through the hurdles in life.. good one dear:)

3. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear AC
    thanks for your thoughtful fb,
    everyone has so many manifestations , but we do not let all of them to be seen. but a big happening , both good /bad can throw up a side of us for others to seen. i have learnt one thing now... when you do not know how to react to a happening , listen to /or read positive stuff, it does soothe the soul. in other times we are able to wade ourselves ,but in trying times we need a guide.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Muzna Dearie,

Did not know you were into AOL. The first time i heard vikram's voice singing the bajan, i did have goosebumps..the lyrics got a new dimension..and brought in many meanings, said, unsaid...

5. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear shanvy
    thanks for stepping in,
    you actually have said what i also felt.
    i have not been able to join aol, but yes ilistened to a couple of their lectures, my
    hubby wants to join though.

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hey Muzna,
    The lines that your mentor..none else than Gandhiji, brought a pleasant smile on my face...:)
    I loved your realisation...
    How true indeed..

7. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear saras
    its such a coincidence that i am reading your fb i am listening to the same bhajan.
    i was initiated to it by my son , who learnt it from a friend who performed it in the school. he loves it ,but as that friend has left the school, he told my hubby yesterday that he feels like crying on hearing this bhajan, as he is reminded of his friend.
    this gave me a jolt that an eight year old can feel this way, and it becomes even more important now that we make our world a peaceful place for our children to live in.
    It's important to defend how you feel about things, but is it worth upsetting someone you care about or making an important person mad? If the person you disagree with can't be big enough to accept your position, then you have to be big enough to accept theirs -- but you don't have to agree with it. You can't always surround yourself with like-minded people only. Not only is it boring, it's a small way of seeing the world. Disagreements can be very educational