1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reunion

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Mike worked as a software professional for a leading software company located in Boston, Massachusetts. He was placed at the leading fund manager located in New York. He was rushing to work in the subway, looked at his watch to check the time and it showed 8.30 a.m. on September 11. He got down in the station and rushed to the South Tower in Mid Town, New York. He logged into his computer and was about to start the work on that fateful day. Suddenly, he heard a big explosion and the entire building was shaking due to the impact. Later he found out that North Tower was hit by a large plane. He immediately rushed to go to the ground from his 66th Floor thinking it won’t be safe. However, when he reached the ground, he was told it was safe to get back to work. He went back to his floor and started his work. Then he heard another thud in the South Tower which was shocking and he came to know that the South Tower was hit. He noticed that a lady who was seated in a wheel chair and working a few cubicles away from him was panicking. He approached and consoled her that he was not leaving until such time he found someone who could help him to take her down through the stairs.

The lady’s eyes were full of tears to see that Mike was acting like her own son. In the meantime, there were announcements through the PAS that the fire fighters were claiming up the stairs and soon coming to their rescues. The smoke in the stair side of the building was slowly increasing and was coming into the office as well. He kept promising her that the building was still safe and everyone would be evacuated from the building. While talking to him, her eyes were locked into a picture she had of her two lovely boys taken when they were young. When he asked more about those boys, she said that she was a widow raising those two nice looking boys in 1980s and one day when they were traveling in a train, she got down to get her dropped gold chain and she lost both of them simultaneously.

Mike asked her about the place where it happened. She explained that it had happened in Philadelphia and she never saw the kids again. Mike was in tears. He told her gently that he was the younger of the two she lost in the train and he was raised by a family in New York. He explained that he got married and has two kids. Mike called up to proudly announce to his wife that he found his mom and also explained the predicament he was in. However, he told her not to worry as he was confident that he would be rescued with his mom soon. While all these were happening, his mom hugged him tightly and asked what happened to his elder brother. He explained that he got down in the next station to get some help but never returned to the train.

Suddenly he heard some noises in the stair case and watched a fire fighter emerged through into the office premises. He asked, “How many in this office?” Mike responded, “Only my mom and I as everyone else left through the stairs.” The firefighter promised, “I will make sure that your mom is safely taken to the ground. Can you follow me quickly?” The firefighter gently lifted her and ran down the stairs and Mike quietly followed until they reached the ground and out of the Tower.

Mike and his mom were moved to a safer location and they watched the Tower collapsing in the next few minutes. Luckily Mike picked up the phone number of the firefighter. He invited the firefighter home to thank him. The firefighter survived the collapse and accepted the invitation. He visited Mike with his family. Mike was explaining to him about how he found his mom when he and his mom were in crisis in the South Tower. The firefighter was shedding tears and he introduced himself, “I am Joe, your elder brother who got down from the train to seek help." They all cried and hugged each other.

2. kalaimusing

kalaimusing New IL'ite

The story is emotional and an example to show that miracles can happen in the world. Please run the spell checker to fix the grammar and punctuation errors.

3. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

It's really a good story!How Happy their mum was!!She was so lucky that she got her two sons back",I knew that,when Mike was asking the fire fighters phone number,"you are going to make a Twist",while reading these lines i felt like that.That is one of your talent!!! Happy Ending!!.I enjoyed the story.Thans for that.

4. Viswamitra

Thank you for your kind feedback. I will read it again to find those errors and thank you for pointing it out.

Viswa

5. Viswamitra

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Viswa

6. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Wow.. cute one..!!

7. Viswamitra

Thank you for your visit to this blog and your feedback.

Viswa

8. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Believe in miracles and God. One may think that is the end of life but that may be the start of a new chapter of life.

9. Viswamitra

Thank you for visiting this blog. You said it so beautifully as to how to look at our life.

Viswa