1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Return Gifts ideas for DD's 2nd birthday in India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by BPallavi, Sep 19, 2012.

1. BPallavi

BPallavi Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I need help from you guys here!:drowning
    My daughter will be turning 2 in Jan:birthday . This time we plan to celebrate her birthday in India. We celebrated her first birthday in US n it was a huge hit. Everything was perfect from the cake to decorations, we had a joker to entertain the kids, everything was good. Me n DH worked on it for 2-3 months and the results were fruitful! :cheers
    This time however, DH will be coming to India only a week before her birthday and am sure we will not have a lot of time to prepare:spin. I know my parents n in-laws would help but their idea of birthday parties is different from ours!
    I am so tensed about all the arrangements.
    For DD's 1st I had picked individual gifts for all the kids attending the party according to their age and gender and tastes(for kids I knew). Apart from that I had a lot of stuff in the goodie bags separately for boys and girls.
    I was wondering if this return gifts concept is prevalent in India or not? When me and my brother were young we just had the party, snacks, cake and lots of presents from the guests, but no return gifts(maybe we gave them balloons and cake? I dont remember).
    I am not sure if giving a return gift/goodie bag is a thing now or not? if it is, then I would love to assemble goodie bags for the kids that would be attending the party, please give in ur suggestions on what kind of return gifts could I give.
    My budget would be Rs0-800 for the goodie bag and another Rs 1000 for the gift.(it would be gr8 if I cud gather things a lil cheaper than tht)
    Also we plan to celebrate her birthday in a small town, so most of the kids would be from kind of humble background. Please help! :help
    Also would you guys recommend buying crayons or other misc stuff from US instead of India?

2. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

If you know how many kids are going to be there in the party it is kind of nice to take gifts from here. I am sure kids love it. (Make sure you take some extra gifts for kids just in case some one brings guests)

Same thing with us I worked for 3 months on my DD's 1st birthday and it turned very well. No big plans for her second Bday this time :)

I am not sure about the return gifts in India for birthday parties. I know in weddings & engagements they do.

Check with your parents if it is a trend there or not. If you want to give return gifts you can give them although no one is doing it.

I am sure everything will turn out good. You don't have to plan so much advance in India. Enjoy.

1 person likes this.
  3. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

It will be great to take return gifts from US . If you know the no. of kids u r going to invite take that many + some extras. You can find fun things at Party stores. You can also buy matching paper plates /napkins etc if you have room to take such things. Return gift is a thing now as I hear from my co-sis. Plan things from here taking one of the relative as info/contact base in India. Tell her what you have in mind & see if she can find things for you. And remember its India so things don't ALWAYS go as planned so chill & enjoy!!!! all the best.

4. rkatta

rkatta New IL'ite

Did you find any other ideas? And which part of India you would be celebrating.
    Mine is in HYD and its very common to give return gifts. I am counting on Thanksgiving to buy gifts if I can get good deals but still I am lack of ideas what shld I buy.