Request for Washington DC Metro subforum

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Sonum, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Done Snegithi. Now, you go and turbo-charge that forum Computer Typing. Make it THE most active city forum in IL!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  2. Jey

I also moved all the relevant threads from the Indians in NorthEast to the DC Area sub-forum. Let me know if I left out anything that needs to be moved in or out. Thanks.

3. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Jey,

Today there was a new thread under the Southeast forum and happened to contain posts from iLites from various parts of Virginia (Also includes posts from Northern VA iLites). Since the post is from iLites across VA, it is appropriate to be in the same forum (Southeast), But only after going throught that and after reading the message from Krithika I realised the new sub forum "Indians in DC Area" still remains dormant because of the confusion our iLites have on the region and name of our new forum.

Krithika point below also made me think that the problem could be with the name of the forum. Hence can you change the name of the forum to reflect the regions that are part of the forum for eg : "Indians in Northern VA, Maryland and DC (DC Area)".

Though this region is widely called as the DC Area, i see that many new comers to US do not know this.

Krithika : In order for people from Northern VA to post under the DC thread, then the name of the thread may need to modified to make them even notice that.

It can probably be "Indians in DC area & Northern VA

Thanks Sri

4. Jey

Sri, sorry about the delay. Your request is now completed. Please continue with the momentum!

5. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Thanks Jey, After the name change I see there were so many posts today morning....Hope the name change brings in lot more people to the subforum...

Regards,
    Sri

6. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Ursnegithi,

Great going ! So the new thread for the DC area & Northern VA has been opened !

Hope we get more posts for the other parts of Virginia too since that thread seems to be dormant for a long time.

Even if there are many views, there seem to be no replies !

Cheers
    Krithika

7. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Yes Krithika, that is what even i am hoping for...guess this change would bring in lot of Virginians to the forum....Fingers crossed....

8. Jey

Hi Krithika and Snegithi,

Thank you so much for your efforts. I am glad to see that the sub-forum name change is helping.

Couple of tips based on our learnings in the past is the following.

1. Most people prefer to reply to a post than create a new thread. So, the more topics you have in your subforum, the more opportunity people have to get hooked on to some interesting topic and participate. You can browse the other regional sub-forums for interesting topic inspiration.

2. A overwhelming majority of our members browse the forum through the "new" link above. So, the more often threads from your forum show up in the new posts link, the more visibility it will get. So, I suggest that you start a few interesting threads now and then on your sub-forum and try and keep them active (by providing feedback to other member contributions etc).

The both should make your sub-forum live and kicking! Thank you both for trying!

9. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Jey,

Thanks for your suggestions !

Since I am in Central VA, probably I need to add more new topics to the threads under "Indians in Virginia" and make it more visible.

Sure, I will try my level best !

Cheers
    Krithika

10. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Yes I will try my best, thanks for your suggestions....

Sri