1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reporting my change of heart!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CHome%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dear Oj-Da

How nice of you to post a note for me in dear Cheeniya’s premises ! Thank you so much.
    I guess being deeply immersed in lakes of fascination periodically is good , mind-refreshing holiday. Its worth it because then, everything seems fascinating and beautiful. The proof reading young man may be an incipient intellectual, but I can assure you I experience no patent inclination in that direction nor have I betrayed any lurking proof of it, unconsciously either ! As such, bracketing me with him is unwarranted, but serves as a massive ego massage which I will not refuse to revel in !
    As for bracketing me in the Young Boy’s age group, I am constrained to confess that I am not a Young Girl, but a Woman tending to matronly middleage, approaching 40 . ( Late motherhood certainly has its beguiling advantages, no ?)

Love, universally speaking,
    Lakshmi

Dear Cheeniya,
    Thanks for not minding my using your thread as a thoroughfare.

Good to know you had a smashing time in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Coimbatore</st1:city></st1:place>. Saw the photograph Kamalji has posted . For a person very recently confessed ( and certified by a dear friend) to being a sort of 4-limbed sphere that looks the same from all angles, you look remarkably like a normal Size-M Senior Citizen. If you publish the secret of your phenomenal Shape-Up, VLCC will go out of business. Do share .
    Luv
    TL

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    When I read the caption, I was taken back. You know why I thought you are goingto revise your opinion about " Exercise " and leave me alone !!But aftergoing through the writeup I heaved a sigh of relief. So the fable made you to change your notion.
    In the modern sense of the word, cynicism is a personal belief that people are motivated primarily by their own self-interests, and the natural order of things leans towards disintegration and corruption. Those who embrace cynicism often separate themselves from the rest of society, believing that society-at-large has largely abandoned its core value system. Politicians only take action when there is personal gain, and the corporate world is primarily motivated by greed and corruption. From the viewpoint of cynicism, these circumstances will not improve because the people capable of making these changes are stymied by apathy and fear.
    A modern cynic may see himself as a social critic, whose negative opinions do serve a valid purpose. Cynicism is not without its constructive aspects, since political and social leaders do need to understand the negative aspects of their intentions or actions. But those who embrace the most extreme elements of cynicism run the risk of losing their credibility as "devil's advocates." When cynicism is coupled with feelings of bitterness or resignation, a modern cynic could find himself completely isolated from the world around him, including family and friends who can no longer cope with the conspiratorial thoughts and unrelenting negativity associated with extreme cynicism.
    Cynicism, in my opinion, is usually illogical. People who are cynics seem to think the worst about a certain person or situation not because they have evidence for doing so, but because they are in the habit of thinking cynically. Sorry if I have hurt you. After Oja da's
    wonderful and logical feed back , I was hesitant to write mine thinking it will be welcomed or not !!!Cynicism is not always bad. There are situations and times when a bit of cynicism can get you out of a lot of trouble.Currently, the negative side-effects outweigh the positive aspects of cynicism.
    with love
    pad

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear TL
    If I gave you the impression that I would be like the elder brother of Oswald, the Octopus, it was certainly not an exaggeration. In fact, I am as shapeless and as pleasant, may be even more so, as him. A fit candidate for VLCC but do they take and shape up men like me?
    And do trespass into my home any time you want and just forget to ring the bell. Just walk in. Your entry can be nothing but a value addition for me!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Padmini
    That last sentence of yours made me visualise you as a lady with a 'tharaasu' in hand carefully weighing the good and bad effects of cynicism! I know that the negative effects outweigh the positive and it is sad! Reading your statement, I remembered the following limerick:

God's plan made a hopeful beginning,
    But Man spoilt His chances by sinning;
    We trust that the story
    Will end in great glory,
    But at present the other side's winning.

Coming the opening para now, you need have no fear about my change of heart having anything to do with my physical activity. In fact, I always pray for such powers as we see in Vittalacharya movies where a man just puts out his hand and the bottle of water lands on it from the fridge! I have already assured elsewhere here that if I get an urge to exercise, I just lie down quietly until the urge passes away!

Jumping now to the middle portion of your FB, I see that OJ has rubbed off on you a bit. I mean in writing a well researched FB!
    Thanks a million Pads!
    Sri

5. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya ji,

First of all, you have been so lucky to have read Aesop's fables in two languages - Tamil and English. I did my schooling in English medium right from the beginning though I don't remember if I ever read any of Aesop's fables in particular(except the famous turtle and hare one). And it shows from your writing the strong command you have over English(also Tamil hopefully). So, it really does'nt matter.

About cynics - I am always attracted to dark matters. So, I like them. In fact I feel all altruists are hippocrites(there maybe exceptions). The only difference between altruists and cynics being cynics express and altruists don't.

Physicists for decades have been looking for the reason behind asymmetry between matter and anti-matter in the expanding universe. And Lol:rotfl....Looks like I found the answer - The (invisible)anti-matter is present inside all human beings:idea.

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,
    Wonderful one with wonderful fbs too!
    Change of heart, for some happens with experience, for some while learning (as it did for you), for some with an understanding maturity.
    Your last lines point out to me that the presence of so-called bad qualities make the good qualities shine.:thumbsup

sriniketan

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  7. Cheeniya

Dear Aruna
    Thanks a lot for your thought provoking FB. Honestly I did not think of a cynic as an equivalent of Dark Matter. Now thought you have mentioned it, I let my mind dwell upon the thought for a while. When I heard you say of your liking for ‘dark matters’, I knew that you were not referring to the Super Star Rajni Kanth who seems to be riding the crest of popularity for eternity. We are beyond such mundane issues.

Then, Like Padmini, I started browsing for Dark Matter and I was stunned by what I saw. It seems that the measured mass of the Known Universe is composed of 23% of dark matter and just about one fifth of it is composed of visible matter. The more I read about the Dark Holes and their intense radiation, I am filled with great awe. Awe is always the root of all desires and liking. So in that sense we all like Dark Matter or the Unknown. To be frank with you, enigmatic women attract me a lot more than the transparent chatterboxes! So much has been written about the enigmatic smile of Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa!

You have raised a very serious point in your FB, Aruna. It is certainly worth pursuing!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Sri
    The greatest change of heart ever recorded in history was that of Emperor Ashoka after the Kalinga War. But for that change of heart, Ashoka would have been an ordinary King like some Pazhuvettarayar in a remote part of Tamilnadu. His pillars with the Lions perched on them wouldn't be adorning our currency notes. If we have a heart that is capable of changing for the better with every experience, we would certainly be able to stand apart as distinguished human beings.
    Sri

9. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear Mr.Cheeniya,
    My salutes to you for two reasons.
    That wonderful style of writing.The way and the words with which you express your thoughts.
    The subjects that you deal with.I particularly enjoyed reading the little story about the farmer and the serpent.

Dear Mr.Cheeniya,I was your neighbour once upon a time.ie I studied in the National Girls' High School,Triplicane.We too studied English from 1st form .as a subject and English was not our medium of larning.In our school days,once a week we had composition class.We had to write essays and articles.Again grammar classes were a must.Later when my daughters studied in ICSC school,I came to know that they had no grammar lessons.When I asked the teacher,why they did not have grammar lessons,I was told that they learnt grammar incidently and that was a better method of learning grammar.Since Iam a sort of a timid person,I did not argue with her.

Regards
    mithila

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  10. Cheeniya

Dear Mithila
    Nice of you to have come here with your warm and nice FB. I always make anxious enquiries about your health with Kamaljee and he keeps me well informed.

I am happy to hear that you were a student of NKT National High School. I used to be a regular visitor to your school for attending the programmes of Sri Tiruvateeswarar Sabha. The Sabha's Secretary Muthu was a great friend of mine and I never missed a programme. Dramas staged by RS Manohar, Poornam Viswanathan, SV Sahasranamam, Thangavelu, Sivaji were all staged for our Sabha in NKT Mantapam.

You had a boys wing of the School at TP Koil Street. I don't know if it still exists. In the mid fifties, the thatched roof of the school was gutted in a major fire and it was attributed to a student throwing phosporous on the roof!

I tend to agree with your daughter's teacher that grammar learned through common sense is better than learning it as part of the curriculam.

Thank you for all the nice words. I'll cherish them!
    Sri