Rents in Nungambakkam

Discussion in 'Housing' started by akalyaraju, Jun 17, 2007.

1. akalyaraju

akalyaraju New IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to settle down in Nungampakkam. If any body can give me the rough amount that i have to allocate for a 3 bedroom house [either colony or apartment] and also the availability of the houses in that area . It would be a great help .

Regards
    Aklaya

2. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Akalya,

I am originally from Chennai and currently live in the US. I have known Numgambakkam area fairly well and commercial area of Numgambakkam is unbelievably expensive these days and the residential part of Nungambakkam like Mahalingapuram etc., its very unlikely that u will get a 3 bedroom house.
    Nowadays, almost every single building is demolished and converted into flats.

Also, I am not sure if you are looking to buy or rent. Renting a 3 bedroom apt would cost approximately 10k per month, if its a decent apartment building.
    Buying a 3 bedroom unit will cost almost Rs. 4000 per Sqft if its an old building and new constructions are getting filled up even before the ground breaking..so unlikely that you can get any newly built units, unless its a resale by the owner.

I have my flat in Kodambakkam Trustpuram area which is close to Mahalingapuram and its 1000 Sqft (2 bedroom)which fetches a rent of Rs.6000 + per month. So Calculate accprdingly.

One important info is that, it is extremely difficult to get a decent rental unit in the area of your choice. You have to spend enormous time and effort to get the one you want.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Regards,
    Geeth Priya.

3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi akalya and priya
    The rentals are sky rocketing these days..
    A 3 br apt for rent in a decent locality in nungambakkam /t.nagar is nothing short of 15,000 pm.It may be more but not less.

Priya
    Your rent is exceptionally reasonable ,given the current market values.:)

Regards
    Honeybee

4. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

IMO, a 3BHK for rent in nungamabkkam will be nothing less than 25 K