Rental Agreement- Format

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Bullu, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Manasadevi74

Manasadevi74 New IL'ite

Re: Buying property ???

This is a very useful piece of document...
    it avoids lot of hassles between the owner and tenants..

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you are welcome

3. sasiii

sasiii New IL'ite

Thanks.. Its really helpful.. Is it still 20Rs Stamp paper in Chennai? Or?

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes it is still 20 rs stamp paper..

5. Bullu

Bullu Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

How to deal with renewal after 1 year term expiry. The conditions are same including the rent. Could you please clarify.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bullu,

as long as the terms of the lease don't change, many owners do not go in for a renewal agreement as long as the tenant is paying the rent.

i know that you can make a fresh rental agreement, from the day the old one expires..and the same format applies. Earlier i have not made fresh renewals..but maybe i should think about it now...

and it is 11 months..so the renewal effects from the 11th month and 1 day..(we go for this option because 12 month and above you need to register the agreement and i also think, that you need to give 6 months notice in those circumstances..)

1 person likes this.
  7. geekforu

geekforu New IL'ite

Hi,

Is there any specific rental agreement format for a fully furnished flat ? If we provide AC, refrigerator etc. and if they require repair during the tenancy, then who is expected to bear the costs ? the owner or the tenant ? This the first time I am renting out a fully firnished flat so am a bit confused :) .

Thanks for the help.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

with my tenant, the regular repairs are done by them, but if it is major like motor repair, i do it. though i know many owners who say it is the tenants job. my tenant is a decent guy, prompt with his rent and maintains the premises better..so i feel it is more of your equation.. but in your case it is fully furnished and there will be maintenance issues cropping up. you can always mention the list of items in the annexure. and also highlight it in the clause that talks about maintenance being the tenants costs..

9. RajSai

RajSai Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,
    How to handle a situation where a tenant wants to vacate in 4-months of occupying the premises? 3-months notice period is also not given, though all the things are mentioned in the agreement.

10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Shanvy,

Can you differentiate, Carpet Area, Plinth Area and Super Builtup Area, I guess it is the Carpet area which is mentioned while a lease agreement is entered into, both in the case of residential and commercial too, Please add your thoughts... Thanks in advance..

SAIRAM