1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Relocating to Boston (Ipswich)

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by NehArjun, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vijaya ,

For the long weekend.. we are going to Rhode Island.. :) So will not be in Woburn.

Oh so good you moving to Woburn is it ? Where in woburn ?

Dont worry, loggin more often to IL get your posts to 50 and enable your private messaging soon. Will get in touch with you then.. See, Vanitha who just messaged you after I did earlier is racing her way to 50 post mark. :)

So you moving to a furnished appartment or will you have to come down and buy everything ?

2. NehArjun

NehArjun New IL'ite

Enjoy your long weekend.. :)

Not decided where exactly to move as yet Preethi.. Probably to Woburn or Burlington.
    First we thought we will come and take a look at the place.
    We have a lot of stuff which we need to move. We have been in VA for the last 6 years..so it is like a big move..
    we will look for some temporary place(maybe a studio or something) and then decide where we will settle down...

It would take me ages to get to the 50 mark.. :cry:

3. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

hey Neh,

Welcome to Woburn,Ma. Do u have the list of apts or places you will be visiting? I am not sure if I will be in Boston during the long weekend. but if I am we can see if we can meet.

Rgds
    vanitha

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vijaya ,

If you looking for a studio , I guess most of them will be furnished right. The where would you keep the stuff ?

Look for buslines and then make a choice.. Because your husband should not start to spend all his time in travel then.

There are some studios in Main St. in Woburn. You could check in there fo a month and lookout . Most of the companies have move-in offers going on. Also if you have a referance they waive out your first month rent .

Dont worry the more you keep writing like this, you will touch your 50 post mark ! :)

5. NehArjun

NehArjun New IL'ite

hey Vanitha.. thanks for ur reply. We will be in Woburn/Burlington area on the morning of Friday the 22nd. and will be there most likely till Saturday. Let me know if you will be around .. then we can catch up.
    Vijaya

6. NehArjun

NehArjun New IL'ite

Preethi.. company will take care of the moving and so our stuff will be with the movers as well for sometime.. till we find something (more better and more convenient in terms of travel and school etc) to settle down. Then we can get our stuff..Thanks for the studio info. will check that out. I dont login regulary as well Preethi.. hence the delay in replying as well. Actually feels good talking to u and Vanitha..Actually I feel very jittery at the thought of unsettling everything now and moving to a new place...
    Vijaya

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Dont worry, Vijaya ! that is life.. :) The more you get worked up the more the trouble..

Just move in and let us know if you need more help.. There is one school called St. Charles where my neighbour's kid goes. It is a good school . Ofcourse Mounthop is a nice one.. but lil expensive.

So, you can google it out and choose. Kimball has many Indians .. It looks like I have drawn Suma Sandeep closer to me.. She is looking at moving to an appartment closer to ours :) See, the magic and company is working.. :)

8. NehArjun

NehArjun New IL'ite

Very true Preethi.. I guess it is just the fear of the unknown.. but once we come and look at the place this weekend... I should feel better.
    Actually I have looked at Woburn Montessori on the net.. sorry my daughter is just 3.5.. and so looking for a montessori...
    Vanitha also mentioned about that Kimball apartments.
    Thanks for all the info u have been sharing.. It looks like more of a conversation between Vanitha, you and me..:)

9. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Hey vijaya,

As I dont have kids..dont know about schools here... But as far as I know Kimball is a good place to stay - ou have 2 apts in this complex. One is Kimball Court and the other is Kimball Towers. The court is a good one.It has both renovated and non-renovated apts. somehow my husband felt renovated ones are good so we ended taking one. Kimball Towers on the other hand is very nice to look.. check out the pics on rent.com. All stainless steet appliances etc...too good but they were on the expensive side..so didnt take it.Apart from the place of stay both apts use the same facilities.Also in both places there is a promotion going on i think - you get a month(K court) and 11/2 months(K towers) rent free. Check that before you book.Also,when you come to Kimball court you can refer my name - Vanitha if in case you plan to stay here.What more???

10. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

yeah i can understand the concern , VIjaya.. But it is a nice place to live in.. ( woburn ) so.. dont get paranoid. :)

I am sure you will have happy things to say after your visit to here this weekend.

Do keep us posted.. Yes, now there is a spring move in offer happening everywhere.. where your rent will be waived off for the first month..

So happy house-hunting ! :)