1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 9, 2007.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

now dont remind those
    wets and pees will you....
    mamas sithis
    are generally people
    who `have to' do these things
    either because of love
    of that they just have to...

god has wonderful ways
    of memory...to forget
    what is not necessary....?
    do we remember our dear uncle/ aunt
    who nappied us, bathed and jhulaa 'd us?
    just as they did?

think kamalji
    and sometimes esp girls
    cant do anything
    help a mama dying
    cheer a sithi ailing
    spend some time nursing gndma
    send a cousin study money...

not because she or he cant afford
    but the thought/or effort is rare...!

sathya

2. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi blondie
    This is very true that with each & every generations the hard & fast rules of family rituals & tradition slipes a bit & new one are adopted bcoz of widespread communication,influence of TV ,western culture . The highly affluent people devlop their own tradtions & masses try to adopt that. This is also the reality of life where ever we r living.
    But I feel bad abt open demonstration of Physical love as in form of kissing or further as this shud be a very private affair .
    In any culture this is being understood for thousands years as after marriage the couple has their own room however small it may be ,from the richest to lowest people. so thses activities shud be left for that.
    As per relaxing attitude towards pooja & wearing slippers it is true that to my genration that is not acceptable but than with new age this is only possible if we have taught our young ones or otherwise we have to witness it.

3. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

But jaishree, in case if it has escaped your attention, since a decade (India) and since 2 decades (western countires) , this activity(Kissing) has direct access to your family room via the T.V(unless people choose not to have TV in their homes):tongue. You literally have to be a magician with the remote to avoid all these censored scenes if the whole family is watching.

Yes for acts that go past the kissing they should be confined to the rooms you have mentioned (TV or no TV)

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Subbuji,

Thanks for yr nice comments.Regards.kamal

i am having server problems to cant reply sooner.Regards

Jaishreeji, Blondie, carry on i am reading and enjoying.Regards.kamal

5. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi blondie
    I agree with u totally That Tv has invadded our life like no other thing & it is also very true that we cant change chennels very quickly to change , But what I was talking abt is purity of rligious rituals in a marrage ceremony & all.
    this is also true that one of my friend who lives in US & comes abt once a yr to India with her adolecent kids commented some time back that what the kids wearing in INdia is far too much revealing than there & her daughter asked why it is so.
    So it is true that our fashion culture/unculture is advancing more than NRI living outside the India.Ands that what I object to copying without sense just to be lebeled modern . Bye
    Jaishree

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

You started the thread with the title relationships, then started talking about Big B.. then came back to relatives... It is great... U have put in mirch masala in your own style...

Now, Now, there I see a bit storm brewing about marriages and customs... And you are staying out and enjoying it... :clap:clap:clap. Thanks to Blondie, Srinik & Jayshree..

In this materialistic world, relatives acknowledge you as a relative only if you are in a good position or financially well off... In my family, till we all studied and took up jobs, no relatives come to our house... We have to go and see them... Because we are not upto their standards... This I have faced in my practical life... Now, Today, we are invited and people give a call and talk to us and all, because I am in Muscat and my brother in Germany...

So, In my opinion all these people respect only my material wealth and not Veda the person... I used to tell Shan, I am better off without these relatives... If they respect, let them do for what veda & family is, and not what he got in terms of material...

Somewhere I read, customs... Younger ones touching the feet of the elders... I liked it very much... as I was working for 2 years in Delhi, I have seen a lot... I had the shock of my life when one of the person was literally abusing his uncle is such a filthy way... but did the same... Is this done for the heck of it or what... What is the purpose in following the tradition when it has not come from his heart... Respect for elders should be in the heart and not by falling at the feet... (Disclaimer.... This is my own thoughts... No offence to anyone...):-D

In my opinion, following the rituals and customs, just for the heck of it has no meaning... If it is followed with sincereity, then even if you do mistakes it is acceptable... It is the earnestness and the spirit which counts in my opinion....

Sorry, If I have deviated from the main topic...

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

Agreed with u.There should be respect in the heart,and by touching feet it dosnt mean u respect the person.This is all Dhong,dikhawa as they say.

Yes, people should respect u for yrself, not where u are(middle east), and the money u have in the bank.

I have seen this in my own life,and i can never forget it.But i just smile about it.Lif is like that.I smile and move on.Why brood over selfish people.

Thanks and regards.kamal