1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

I thought couples always shared blankets no ????

Didn’t know if anyone can post here ...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Sunshine04 likes this.
  2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Ragini, I don’t take any pleasure in taking a swipe at you. The private msgs are not malicious, but the unsolicited advice over & over can be annoying. We are grown ups & shd be trusted to be in charge of lives. Does friendship mean stepping boundaries & giving advice even if the other doesn’t like it?

I am sorry to know about your situation. Hope it gets smoother for you. Take care.

nandinimithun likes this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Ok, Let old annoyances be bygones. So you do your part and not rake up the bygones and we are good to go with a clean slate.

4. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

In Amreeka yes and thats where people learnt it as the 'norm in US/Europe?' in past decades, and then it spilt over to India too in last decade or so.
    Growing up in India, blankets were mostly 'one-person' size (smaller size) and won't easily fit two adults. Two kids maybe. Indian couples in our parents'-gen were not expected to be always cozied up, always cant-get-hands-off-each-other, always expressive as much as Western mores expected it. Infact, Rih, back in India - kids used to sleep in same room/often times same bed with parents too, until quite middle-school atleast ?? There were no "separate rooms for kids" and that concept came more in 90s (in some houses late 80s). Only the rich or super advanced had separate rooms for smaller kids in 1970s or 60s probably - we can ask the other folks here...
    As to what to do? Just do what ya'll both find ok.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Are you promising to not give RL vs VL sermons to ppl behind the curtains & having objections with everything we do? Like use of dear, my dear?;) Oops sorry no dear. Strike a deal , one for one.

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@Ragini25

Your repeated posts, and long essays (as per your language) shows the effect of personal stress you are suffering right now.
    Writing is a best way of relieving your stress. Some people find the much needed peace after venting here.
    And there are some good caring souls, who truly pray for you to get well soon. Count me in!

I know you must be busy with this terrible family situation, in addition to what you call as a real life. Even then, you came here to spend some of your valuable time to read and respond to (that too long messages) certain threads.
    I think, you should let people chose whether to spend time in IL or real life depending on their own comfort levels.
    We are adults, and your repeated advises are sometimes not needed for these adults, who think, spending time in IL makes their life easy some or the other ways.

Hope your situation gets better. I shall pray for you & your family.

nandinimithun likes this.
  7. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for weighing in!

8. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Naari for the wishes for my situation.

I promised YOU my friend :) (not 'the people').
    Let me determine what works between me and my other friends.

Regarding having comments (it wasn't quite 'an objection' per se, in the 'dear' case) - just like you have comments on everything and post it, I posted that , and so won't refrain myself from posting comments/objections as needed. And ppl (sgbv et al) mistook it as "Dear Alan" (for writing the boss etc), I am not talking abt "Dear John" as the letter salutory greeting, but dear widely dispersed, multiple-times, inside the posts for total newbie strangers. That yes, its a peeve. Shrug.

9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks sgbv! Appreciated.

10. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Great! That’s enough for me:ciao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.