1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

No you cannot guess that. I speculate, and respond whether what some OP describes could be this or that.
    However, we have one of each. Launched into the world already. Often think that we had failed to provide them a sufficiently broken home to make them a grand success.... but they are just fine.

As for threads about family issues, this is what I think.
    Very often what an OP seeks is to fill up the blanks of the "whole life matrix", so that they can improve and achieve a good balance for the whole life of the enterprise. Most OP's are like a business school case studies. A problem, with constraints described to a group of people, who brainstorm and fill the holes in the narrative, and then find possible solutions.

We were discussing the case of a Founder-groomed CEO of a small enterprise with three stakeholders: Founder, CEO, and the head of a New Acquisition....aka Mother, Son and DIL. Enterprise located in a 3BHK flat with 2 bathrooms. CEO's constraint: need to keep the enterprise together, cannot spin off divisions into separate companies. Founder and NewAc-Head do not get along; each have their own opinions on what the CEO should do. Various points of views are input to create a fuller narrative, and then eventually the CEO goes on with what is feasible from among what was suggested.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

This was about posters and observations based on posting patterns.
    Some are easy...some difficult and ofcourse there is a huuuuuuuge margin of error.:)

Besides the online personalities of people may be a little different from the real one.

I think I am a much moderate person compared to my forum version . Not as confrontational in real life.Don't have that much energy:rolleyes:.

As for the OPs.( All genders)... I have learnt one thing on this forum, there is always another side to the coin.
    Some post a highly exaggerated version of reality.
    Some post incidents that support their view.
    Some are just venting and don't care about the views of others.
    Some are just looking to be heard and not solutions.

Very often the posters ( including me.....or is it Io_O ) are giving solutions without stepping into the shoes of the op...and sometimes venting themselves:rolleyes:.

sindmani, shravs3 and KrishnaPriya3 like this.
  3. yellowmango

@troubledmom

I guessed poovai has a son long time back based on a discussion we had on one thread long time back. I don't know if she has a daughter.:)
    Although her views and Jags views are fairly balanced most of the time ...so just guessing for fun.

When you go to India.....do look up the state of women in general .
    The safety issue,issues of patriarchy, and now the issues of becoming superwoman and expectation of doing it all post marriage.
    Of having to be modern women in parents home and profitable traditional women in marital home

Of women having to change so much but guys and their families not keeping pace with the changes . I find it very disturbing . May be it is just the mother of girls in me.

Similarly i sympathize with the concern of women with grown sons regarding false cases.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

hahaha... after saying that, you had already conceded that forum behaviors could be different also.

The trichotomy Boys-Mixed-Girls for the children of posters, and how it might correlate to how they might advise on a forum were to be true, the childless people who only own pets might want to neuter all who have relationship issues. This is obviously facetious; but then, I have often noticed a collective sense of relief among us when a OP from couples with highly escalated incompatibility issues confess to having no children yet.

May be we all have pets, and all of our reactions are based on how we feel about ours.

sindmani and yellowmango like this.
  5. yellowmango

Saw it fully now....
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    Loved it.

Rihana likes this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

That sergeant major dance teacher has good muscle tone in her upper arms. She didn't have to depend on the blouse sleeve to hold it all in like a sausage. Full stretch, full stretch, full stretch must work its magic!!

Rihana and yellowmango like this.
  7. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

You remind me of a old poster called nonya

shravs3 likes this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

that is a good thing i hope.

9. yellowmango

Look at the strong legs ....no knee problem.
    I wish I could be like her when I am her age.:)

Amulet and Rihana like this.
  10. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

I am sure there is a deep rooted reasons for your strong sentiments for girl's side of the family. I still don't see what it is such a big deal to learn from MIL and cook what he grew up to love something from his childhood along with the food that DW grew up with; instead of RE-WIRING his brain to make his favorite dishes from your mother. That is very unfortunate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.