1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter - 3

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Apparently still lives in Juhu.

Here is the other wife's POV:
    'I am happy with whatever Dharamji did for me'
    whatever daramji did for me? -- :confundio1:
    HM with grandson Darien.
    [​IMG]

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

It is fact that whatever the reasons a few are leaving their old usernames and appearing with new avatars ( old wine in a new bottle) and all these years I believe that at least they are genuine when selecting their gender option which shows in their profile page. Now, there is no guarantee for that too. So, it is good to learn/acquire good stuff from posts and ignore other things.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2020
    netflx likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hema Malini looks ravishing. She easily outglows her daughters in any picture. Generally speaking, I don't like to admire actors who have married again while still married or left their wife and married a younger or more intellectually equal woman. Like Shabana Azmi -Javed Akhtar.

But in Hema Malini's case, they all look so happy or "adjusted" with the situation, who are we to argue with that. : ) In that article, Eesha Deol refers to Sunny Deol as Sunny bhaiyya. Dharamendra's parents were pally with Hema's family. Jab miya biwi(s) saas sasur raazi, tho what do we and the kaazi do! : ) When the man, the wives, MIL, FIL are all consenting to something, who are we and the priest to judge. : )

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  4. Rihana

So, turns out this is not so difficult after all. People above all want to talk. If they get to summarize their life's past decade or two, they are more than willing to go into details. In fact, once started, it can be hard to stop them or change the topic. I have come to know some of the saddest experiences they have gone through and some of the most inspiring recoveries and turning around their life stories.

It can be draining too. In one such call, a classmate told me about 4 of our juniors who had passed away too young. The hardest to hear was one suicide due to the comments from "log" of "log kya kahange" fame. : ( Tough to think of those thin lanky schoolmates we recall wearing our school uniform and standing in the assembly.. as being dead and gone.

Laks09 likes this.
  5. Rihana

: ) : ) I wonder what men would have to say if advising another man on how to ask for help from the wife. But wait... men don't ask for help... or directions... : ) They would most likely advise each other on how to make her feel that doing the job herself is best for all. : )

Coming to the point of this post: it struck me that this "need clear instructions, few sentences, don't talk much while asking help" starts when they are quite young. I can text my daughter: "When you are done with lunch, clear the sink, cockroaches coming out in cold weather" or "Dishes in the stand are still wet, I hand-washed them, don't..."

With my son however, the text has to be brief. Often something like: "DW", "DW before class." "white lids - top rack." Anything too wordy will result in a Non-cooperation movement that the Mahatma would envy. : )

He is still young for DW to mean anything but dish-washer but the double entendre in the short texts never fail to crack me up. : )

6. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Yeah:grinning:. Lessons from my experience. My son is in elementary school. I can't even repeat the same sentence or remind him. He will say mom..you have already said it and start giving expressions. I can easily connect with my dd. She dont care. I can obviously see a difference in their approaches even though the rules are same for both. But I have to remind them( my dh too) more than once to get it done most of the time. Its not a pleasant experience all the time. Thats when we gave up. I was not ready to give up. But I have learned the tricks to some extent :). Slowly they learned that its better to do the job than to get reminders from me.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Denial is clearly not just a river in Egypt. The only one having their cake and eating it too is Dharamji.

8. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

The girl who had been married to him for 26 years (age 19 to 45)got all his young years. Four children during the years when his brain was all mush with the lyrics of ghazals he had been lip-synching in all the movies. And then she accommodated, perhaps too relieved to have him be absent most of the time, and took the good end of the deal -- visits and share of the earnings. When HemaM said that she was grateful for "whatever daramji did", she may as well have been euphemistic about the old, and worn-out fellow she got. If at all anyone got to eat any cake, it was Miss.Kaur. Hema got what was sticking to the aluminium foil.

shreepriya likes this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The next time I want to start a thread, I’ll ask @anika987 to do the honors. You are right, she does have that ability to start long drawn threads.

anika987 likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

:) you guys are sweet

Laks09 likes this.