1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rejected!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Aug 11, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Ashwin had been nervous and biting his nails that day though the scheduled time was an hour later. He was one of the two candidates selected for a final interview after several rounds of filtering. He came from a 'not so rich' background, but had a good academic record and a nice personality. The job was that of a management trainee in a reputed garments company.

The person selected would be trained in the key areas by experts in the company and would graduate to a manager post after a year. Till that time, the person chosen, would get a stipend, which itself seemed to be a generous one. And there was no room for any recommendation. The selection process was transparent and very rigid. Now Ashwin was wondering who the other one was. "I am only one step away from my dream job! If only I have a chance to meet the other person...", he was thinking. Just then, Priya entered the room. She was looking gorgeous in a nice attire and carried herself very well. She greeted Ashwin and wished him good luck.

Ashwin suddenly had a spark. "So, this is the one whom I am going to contest against! How unfortunate! She sounds more confident than me and I bet, more richer. But, I want to get this job anyhow. Let me try this....". He spoke to her for a while and highlighted the need for his getting that job, citing financial reasons and peer pressure. He went on for a few minutes and concluded that, "Being so confident and good looking, you can always get a job anywhere. Can you leave this one to me? I will never forget this help!". She appeared shocked to hear this and looked at him with a pain in her eyes. Then without saying anything, she left.

Ashwin had a sigh of a relief and was already in a celebrating mood when he was called. But he came out utterly dejected, after the interviewer just said one word to him.

The word was "Sorry!" and Priya was the interviewer.

[added later]
    p.s. Priya was more disappointed. She hoped at least Ashwin would click!

2. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Superb RGS. I had a guess that Priya might be the interviewer. As usual an enjoyable story from you :)

3. rgsrinivasan

Very happy to receive a quick appreciation from you Shobna. Yes. That was easy to guess. -rgs

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

Good ending I thought when ashwin was thinking surly priya would be the interviewer.You are always in your uniquestyle of summarsising the story in a fabulous manner. Hats off.

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks so much for your appreciation Sreema. -rgs

6. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Good one Rgs! I try to get the twist u gonna bring in and i got it this time :)

7. rgsrinivasan

Yes Nihasvin. That was too easy to guess. Thanks for your appreciation. -rgs

8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ashwin should have had faith in his ability and should never have thought that asking another candidate to back off or give up because he had some financial situation... that shows poorly on his character. Priya was right in rejecting him.

Good one.

akila

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks again for your appreciation and continuous support Akila. -rgs

10. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Could guess this time RGS !!!!!!!!

Akila's fb is gooood !!!!!!!