Regd Online Package Tours

Discussion in 'Travel' started by latha_sasi, Jun 2, 2007.

1. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Dear ILites,
    Has anyone taken holiday package tours organised and booked thro' website <A href="http://www.makemytrip.com".How">"www.makemytrip.com".How good was the service and did they follow/adhere to the itienary as shown on the website.Need info .

Thanks
    Latha Sasidharan
    :)

2. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Hi Latha,

This is what I found in one of the telugu websites about this site.

M(F)akemyTrip.com

One of my uncles was travelling to jaipur in the last week of september. He asked me to book the air tickets online as it would be cheaper than buying from an agent. I saw a lot of ads of MakeMyTrip.com on TV, claiming to be the best online travel portal. So, i had decided to give it a try. I had booked the tickets and paid the money using credit card. When i called up my credit card company i was horrified to know that they have charged around 1200 Rs extra. Thats because they charged me the US dollar price instead of Indian Rupee price. But when i paid the money online the conformation page clearly indicated that the price was in indian rupees.

Then i called them up and patiently waited in the queue. Then their customer service officer told me it was a 'computer mistake' and i will have to fax them a copy of my credit-card bill indicating the US$ transactions. I really didn't understand why i have to do this. There is a mistake on their part and they should immediately credit the extra money to my account. But they insisted that i send a Fax to them and then i forgot about the incident. But i got even a bigger shock when i saw the tickets they sent me. The price printed on the tickets is aroud 900 Rs less than the actual quoted price on their site. I had to postpone this flight to the next flight on the same day. So, i went to the Airlines office. They said you cannot travel with this ticket because it doesnot show the Airport tax. So the 900 Rs was actually airport tax.

MakemyTrip guys printed the ticket incorrectly even though they charged me the Airport Tax also. Airline guys said if i want to travel with this ticket or postpone it, then i have to pay the airport tax again. I told them why is that; i have booked it from your authorized agent - Makemytrip.com. Then without thinking for a second, they said out of all the agents we have, we are having problems with only Makemytrip.com. I even saw a Notice in the Airlines office regarding the problems with MakemyTrip.com.

Then i really didn't know what should i do. I called up MakeMyTrip.com again, and they told me this is again a 'computer mistake'. They asked me to courier the tickets back to Delhi and then they would send the new tickets. But i didn't had the time as my uncle was flying in 2 days. So, i told them i will pay the Airport Tax again and you refund the same amount to me, to which they agreed.

Its been over a month and I am still waiting for my refunds.

Raj

As soon as I saw your post, I remebered reading this.. Hope this helps, just do ur research, take care and have a nice holiday..

3. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Raj,
    Thanks a lot for your feedback.As you said its better to check out before making any decision.Thanks once again.
    Regards
    Latha
    :wave