1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding the Marriage Certificate

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by Luksgs2000, Feb 23, 2010.

  1. Luksgs2000

    Luksgs2000 New IL'ite

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Dear All

    My sister is getting married on May 5th and she has to fly to US with her husband on May 24th. So there is a need of Marriage Certificate.

    If anyone knows about the procedure for the same, pls pls post as soon as possible

    NB: Its a Hindu wedding. Pls let me know from the scratch!!

    Thanks in Advance!!!

  2. Priya_Mommy

    Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    Marriage Registration Certificate is issued to both Husband and Wife whose marriage has already been solemnised. The Registration is done under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions.

    Documents required for Registration:

    Application form completed in all respect and signed by both Husband & Wife.
    Proof of residence (Voter I-card/Ration card).
    Separate affidavit in prescribed format from Husband & Wife.
    Date of birth proofs of both parties (10th Class certificate, Date of birth certificate).
    Two passport size photograph of Husband and Two Passport Size Photograph of Wife and one photo of marriage.
    Marriage invitation card if available.
    Original copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
    In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu Budhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage ( in case of Hindu Marriage Act).
    In case applicant is a foreign national, a NO Objection Certificate in original from the concerned High Commission to be submitted along with the application form.
    If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
    One witness of Gazetted Officer ( Gazetted Officer should bring Official Seal and Office Identity Card)
    IMPORTANT : All documents needs to be attested by Gazetted Officer
    Registration fee is -
    • Rs. 100/- is charged as application fee for Registration and Rs. 150/- is charged for Solemnization will be issued within Marriage within 7 days.
    Where to Apply:
    You can approach to the O/o the ADM of your area or you can also approach to the concerned O/o the Deputy Commissioner during 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on any working day.
    You can also APPLY ONLINE.
  3. MiaSen

    MiaSen Senior IL'ite

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Its a bit time consuming procedure...
    For me it happened within 2 weeks, but for a friend of mine it took 2 months...
    U can check with this agent https://yourmaninindia.com/ for the procedure...
  4. Cindhuja

    Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    It is not so always..I got married on 9th feb..the registrar cmae to the marriage hall and got the signatures..by 11th or 12th i received my certificate and took it to my visa interview(US) on 14th..

    Priya_Mommy has described clearly..Dont worry..Things will work out positively..All the best:thumbsup

Share This Page