Reg- Home loan repayment- please don't hesitate to answer this query.

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by hemalathaK, Aug 27, 2012.

1. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Dear members,

I need some suggestions/directions from you.We have a housing loan running in LICHFL .Its a non-NRI loan, i.e., we got the loan while we were residing in India.So now we would like to pay a certain amount so that our burden will reduce.But I am not sure about the procedures .

Also I would like to know if we can send any of our family members to LICHFL as our representative and make the payment.I need experts advice and directions regarding this matter.:)

Please suggest me soon as we don't have much time over this matter.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hema,

right now there is no pre-payment penalty. so this is what you can do.. check out from lichfl.in (you can infact register your loan a/c here to have all details..) but don't rely on the website alone, it shuts down or is not updated regularly..:bonk

now when you check the website, you will know which area your loan issuing branch falls under.. there will be a back office for lic where all emi's, prepayments are done (in case of chennai, you have one at abdul razzak road, saidapet). make a check to lichousing finance of india, and at the back make note of all the details like loan a/c number, name, phone number local contact. there will be a box there..you can drop the same into the box..or your representative can go in person and submit the check to the person their.. as long as you are not completely repaying the account and require the documents, your representative is enough. but at the time of taking the documents your poa or the loan applicant is to be present.

hope i have clarified.. do buzz if you need more details..

3. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot madam for your valuable suggestion. We paid a part of the loan amount without prepayment penalty successfully.