Reducing Complexity & Size of Forum Homepage - Questions, Comments and Feedback

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by IL_Admin, Feb 4, 2011.

1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

Please use this thread to provide comments and feedback about reducing complexity and size of Forum Homepage.

We welcome your ideas and suggestions. Your ideas may give a fresh look to our forum home page !! Anything else cool that comes to mind? Please share it with us.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear IL_Admin,

Just now I checked the new IL home page. Wow...it is too good. I like the change of including top posts from all the forums. I love the change :)

I do have a small query. I do not see a link to 'Good to read / write' in the forums link in the home page. Was it purposeful or am I missing something here? Please clarify.

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Congrats on the brilliant glowing NEW LOOK that IL.com is sporting now.Really captivating and eye catching spread and all comprehensive , revealing all the treasures locked in .Sure to increase the membership instantly .
    Just a teeny suggestion .In the Entertainment segment highlighted, it will be good if you can draw attention to other facets there like forums on Book Lovers, Travel and Pet lovers section .Right now crafts have been given top billing .If the others are mentioned, the vast variety of topics covered will be an additional input to interest more new members.....will showcase the broad spectrum that IL.com encompasses.
    Great presentation and proud to be a part of this vibrant community.

4. IL_Admin

Dear Iswarya,
    I've answered your query here. Hope it helps.
    Dear Paulina,

Thank you for your suggestion. We wish to emphasize the other sub-forums of Entertainment, Hobbies & interests section and we will make the necessary changes at the earliest.

5. IL_Admin

Dear All,

Thank you for your appreciations. Some of the posts has been moved to the respective thread.

Kindly add your comments and wishes for the launch of our newly designed homepage in the thread: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/announcements/126430-new-indusladies-homepage-is-live.html.

Please retain this thread to discuss about reducing complexity and size of Forum Homepage and not the IL Homepage. After seeing our new homepage design, you all would have got some wonderful ideas and suggestions to improve our forum homepage.

So keep sharing your ideas and suggestions for our new forum homepage design !!!

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  6. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place. Please move this to the appropriate thread if needed. However i would like to know if there is a feature that can be added to the left/right side pane of any folders. Suppose someone is in this thread - IndusLadies Central > Site Help / FAQs > Suggestions & Feedback!, and would like to go to hobbies section, it would be good to have the whole folders/subfolders displayed with + and - for collapse in the left/right pane like the folders in outlook. This would avoid in scrollng the whole page up and then clicking on the forum page and then finding the sub folders which is interesting and clicking on that.

Sorry, if there is a feature already in there, or if the whole forum has to be redesigned or how much technical stuff is involved. I am not too technical. this is just my suggestion and forgive me if this isn't possible :)

Thanks,
    Anu