1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

reconsidering eggs

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by shravanthika, Jan 14, 2008.

1. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Here is a news abt eggs in CNN that I came across recently...

Egg lovers..never feel guilty again...

After years of being barred from the average American diet, things are looking sunny-side up for eggs. According to a study from Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, overweight women who eat egg breakfasts lose twice as much weight as women who start their days with bagels. Researchers say the protein in eggs increases satiety and decreases hunger, helping women eat fewer calories throughout the day. "Eggs are a perfect protein source because they have all eight essential amino acids," Grotto says. "And recent research debunks the idea that they have adverse effects on the heart."
    Best way to enjoy them: Try 'em for breakfast. This is the ideal time for getting the proven fill-you-up benefits the rest of the day. Besides, it takes only a couple of minutes to scramble an egg. Work a hard- or soft-boiled egg into lunch, too, by adding it to a spinach salad. Or make an omelet or veggie frittata with two to three egg whites to every one yolk to keep the calories low (whites have just 16 calories, while whole eggs have 72 each). Health.com: Reconsidering the egg

2. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Oh wow...i used to love eggs but i always had this feelings its not good...i used to eat only egg whites to avoid calories..maybe i can start eating eggs now :)
    -Priya