recipes u like the most from chitvish-favourite chitvish recipes

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by spandhana, Sep 20, 2007.

1. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

My favorite Chitvish's recipies are Cucumber oothapam, carrot poricha Kuzhambu, Kollu sambar, Badam burfi, all the recipes in Sakambari's thread. During the weekend i try the rest of the threads and ofcourse the list is endless.

1 person likes this.
  2. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

This is a great idea!!!

All the Chitvish recipes I have tried so far are great hits at home. So, it is very difficult for me to just point out one most liked recipe. Let me start with the ones I vividly remember...

Sprouted methi sambar, lemon rasam, tips on rava upma and kesari, tips on sugar syrup consistency, kaju katli, idli, diet pizza, masala peanuts, finger chips, tips on avial, channa, thayir dosai. Like AnandChitra pointed out, I consider chitvish's tips, tips, tips a very resourceful thread. I revisit that whenever I get time.

-Gayathri.

3. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Nice idea

I liked Caramel Payasam, Pal payasam, Navaratna Paruppu usili, cabbage stir fry, CVVK, Rava idli.

regards
    vidhi

1 person likes this.
  4. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

The Pal Payasam with its nice pink colour is one of my fav. Maida sweet seedai is the best I have tasted so far. The list is endless...

Regards
    USHA

5. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Ive tried only a few recipes..
    My faves r hotel sambar,kaju katli and eggless choc cake
    Cheers
    Ramya

1 person likes this.
  6. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

This is a great thread. My fav chitvish recipe is vegetable biriyani. There are lots of them like CVVK, caramel payasam, channa salad .

1 person likes this.
  7. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

hey spandana,
    really a grt idea of u 2 start this thread.

well coming 2 the likings of chitvish receipes,i must say tht i atleast make it a point 2 try 5-6 receipes minimum in a week n allof them r a big suceess.everytime i try out new i happen 2 like the dish.
    but in particular chitra mam's tips section is simply the best.
    hats of 2 u chitra mam.

bye
    raji

1 person likes this.
  8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

discussing about CV's thread then I'm definitely in it.
    how do you I select favorites when all her recipes turn around perfect and everytime, every recipe of her's makes me enjoy my time in the kitchen.
    there are still more recipes that I've got to try but I've tried most of the recipes from all her threads - the array of it and all those whatever I've tried is all my / our family's favorite recipes. so much used to her threads that all her threads here in the cookery section are my favorite, yes, all of them - every thread is a gem and there's lot that I learn from them.

Instead of favorite recipes, I think you shld go for a countdown like monthly top 10 recipes of CV just like our US top 10 & UK top 10 - that would enable us to peek into the latest and the most tried recipe of that particular month and will surely be thrilling to see which recipe goes to the top 10.

just my thoughts.

Love,

1 person likes this.
  9. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

As most of them have mentioned nice idea of starting this thread. This thread will also be a feed back for chithra madam.

Of the few recipes i tried aval kesari was quick and tasty and i have shared the recipe with my friends too. Corn risotto was also good.

:clap

Sundari Bhaskar

1 person likes this.
  10. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

As i already given feedback to chitra madam , again stating in this thread for other i ladies .

Of the few recipes i tried Kadai kurma and badham cake are very nice . Even my 4 year daughter liked badham cake very much.

1 person likes this.