Receipe for Besan Ki Burfi?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Navpreet, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Hi Zeenth,
    I had tried the first receipe and if u will use powdered sugar then u will not need sugar syrup(use equal qty of sugar to besan) and i will be cut when cooled after 1 or 2 hrs.Try it and give ur feedback.Best of luck!

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Krisnaamma,
    I got tempted to see this easy less time consuming recipe and just tried that Recipe #1 yesterday. But to my dismay, nothing become sticky even after two hours and when I tried ti pick one, it was still in powder form. Even, when I turn off the gas and put sugar powder and mixed them, the mixture was still in powdery form.
    As the mixture was tasty, I am simply eating them as it is. Please tell me how to make it perfectly.
    I tried with very little amount of everything, like everything about 50 gms each, do you think this small quantity made the difference. OK, I had used only vegetable oil as I have no Desi ghee at home and the butter is a salted one.
    Please suggest.
    Regards.

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Krishnaamma / Navpreet

I just finished with the besan ka barfi. I have no clue about whether it is done or undone as I am doing it for the first time. I have followed the recipe and took care to PUT OFF THE GAS WHILE ADDING CASTOR SUGAR. I stirred for sometime, the mixture was leaving the sides of the pan (means not sticking to it), I stirred for around 3 minutes and immediately poured it on a greased plate (here again I forgot to grease it to 1/2" thickness, just smeared ghee on the plate and poured it). Am I done with it or have MESSED IT!!!. Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Meeta,

I will tell you what is the outcome after few hours??!!??.:confused:

May be I will also put my thumb inside the mixture and go lap lap..... :mrgreen:

Bye

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Krishnaamma/ Navpreet

My mixture has dried, I was able to cut it in to squares successfully, But when I tried to lift a piece from the side, it came in powder form .. Why????
    It is very tasty... but not burfi ??????

Is there any hope left... or gone with the wind..........

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Even now when I tried to lift a piece its comes in powder form. Now, I have come to a conlcusion that malspie made besan ka powder...... :shaking: :shaking: :shaking: :shaking:

6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi mals,

Sorry for delay to reply you. Dont worry, some times it happens.:-D dont loose heart. It may be because of excess sugar. For your ingredients 3 min. may be more time. Again try once and see. All the best. (because it became powder means over heated)

ok?

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Over heated stirring besan right as the gas is off when i am adding sugar... So much confusion in my head... Hope you are not grinding your teeth in anger..... :confused: :confused:

8. krishnaamma

Hi Mals,

Dont worry. be cool. You told that you are mixing for 3 min. is it not? so I asked you to reduce the time. You can even switch off the stove before that. ok? reduce the frying time of besan. Now ok ya? :thumbsup All the best.

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Krishnaamma,

I cannot be cool anymore... I am bouncing like a ball, I am happy, dancing, singing and have thanked you million times for guiding me to make this sweet. I made no mistakes this time. I made a delicious sweet. I feel like treasuring it like "Mummies" of Egypt.. as it is my first attempt. My friends are praising me for my sweet and am directing the praise to you. I love the way you were patient enough to guide me through out...

Here in Mumbai this sweet is called as "MOHAN THAAL". I never knew..

Can you teach me how to make "Shankar Para" .. Please teach me with Castor Sugar.. as the syrup things do now work with me...

Thanks once again

10. krishnaamma

Waaw Mals,:spin
    Congrats. I am so happy to see your mail. At last you did it.:thumbsupThank you so much for your kind words. No Mals, for "mohan dal" we have to put 'kova'/'gova'. This is plain 'besan ki burffi'.

You asked me about 'shankar para' I think you are asking about this. Wheat flour chips coated with sugar or jaggery. Here is the link. Please go through it and give me a feed back, whether you are searching for this? Or it is somthing else, please let me know.

so I think you are ready with one sweet for deepavali. Gothrough this link to make some more easy sweets. Today I am going to put some 'easy mixtures' for deepavali.

Traditional Sweets and Easy to Make Sweets ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    krishnaamma
    Wheat Flour Sweet Chips with Sugar
    Wheat Flour Sweet Chips

All the best!