1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

reasons for divorce

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vkrithika1, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Shrutiv05

Shrutiv05 New IL'ite

Divorce can happen for whatever reason, but it is an occasion for the woman to get her fair share in her husband's property and income.

When things reach divorce, the loss is irreparable, but women should be smart enough to make the most of this incident.

In fact most women are financially better off after divorce than they were before divorce.

Maintenance, alimony, one-time settlement etc etc are all a lot of money.

Also, men have tortured women since centuries, now the Indian women are waking up and using the laws made for them - IPC 498A, Dowry Prohibition Act, Crpc 125, HMA 24 etc etc.

Thanks to the hard work of many women across the nation, today we started to feel safe at least in our own houses.

2. Capricorn

Capricorn New IL'ite

Shruti05

again an advice that was not needed...please refrain from posting such things lady...being a girl you are degrading the womens image here. I dont think any wife who is going through the stress and trauma of divorce would want to file misleading and false cases against her husband just to extract money. Atleast from what I know these days women are more broad minded than men and they will just fight fairly not the way your comments or posts suggest...

Ofcourse if the women has gone through lot of pain, physical abuse and emotinal and mental torture in her marriage she knows how to give it back to the family which has given the same to her. So please stop giving these aggravating advices and misleading thoughts....

IndependentGirI likes this.
  3. Capricorn

Capricorn New IL'ite

Tanya

Yes women are also equally educated and working these days and are fighting for equal rights which is one way good. (look at your mother and say all the things you are posting here...dont you feel if and only if our mother was more educated or more outgoing things would have been a bit different in every household..)

Might be just like men, some women tend to go off track and make wrong decisions so why blame or generalise all of them...(either men or women...)

Reg. listening to husbands ideas or suggestions..I think everyone has the right to disagree ..but how you disagree is what matters...

Vrithika

Though it surprised me to read your post..however as I said in my previous post..women get intimidated by this topic of physical intimacy or satisfaction in the marital relationship which they cant speak up openly and they tend to give up the relationship. Rather husband should have taken that extra step to talk to her and go for counselling and lure her..(why only women have to lure men???).

Marriage is a sacred bond..both wife and husband are equally responsible to keep it..if one is not able to contribute enough the other can fill the space..thats how both of them take turns to work it out and it always ends up in a happy life....sometimes some give more and some give less that doesnt mean the person is being used for others benefit but just that the person has more capability to give which he/she should be happy about...

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Shruti05,

I dont understand this?

Why is you are so keen in posting about those whoever think of divorce should get alimony as much as possible? Each situation has to analyzed before you can make such statement, me thinks.

Also divorce is not about MONEY, its about the peaceful mind, freedom and many more like that.

I guess every woman are smart enough to do whatever she had to do when she takes such a decision.

I would refrain from posting such thoughts all over IL, coz IL is not a place where we blindfoldly advice women to go and get money in form of alimony.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Making the most out of a divorce is not the way a woman who wants to end a marriage thinks. Its not a business deal which has gone wrong that you need to make most money and get out of it. Going thru a painful decision as a divorce is trauma enough and only in extreme cases when husband and in laws try to get out of paying alimony do women become revengeful.

Even in abusive or traumatic marriages women dont think of a big alimony but want to be free again. Laws may have become women friendly,women may be more educated and career oriented but still 99% of women do not think in the lines of monetary gain of a divorce.Please refrain from encouraging women to divorce posting in such a way. This forum has given and is giving lots of support to any individuals who comes here with their problems and have been a big support to them. Let this continue.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  6. Shrutiv05

Shrutiv05 New IL'ite

You are right. Filing such cases and troubling the husband is really easy now a days.

But men have been torturing women for centuries. Such laws were made to protect women, and now if a small portion of women are misusing it, I do not mind.

Actually even that misuse is doing good to the society. Because of these laws, the husbands have started to behave properly. Today, they have a fear in their mind that they can be jailed if they do not obey their wife.

7. Mihika

Mihika New IL'ite

Hello Shruti
    I am sorry to say that with an attitude like that ,I really pity your husband. Even if one human being either man or woman have to suffer with no fault of theirs it is still wrong. How can you say something like this
    But men have been torturing women for centuries. Such laws were made to protect women, and now if a small portion of women are misusing it, I do not mind.:crazy:crazy
    What is that man turns out to be your own brother or son? Will you still think that way?
    Dont try to be such a feminist that you lose sight of what is right and what is wrong. Dont let your conscience die and most of all dont keep misguiding all the ladies here. I apologise for this unsolicited advise but your replies always shock me & i am sure that I am not the only one who thinks this way.
    Mihika