1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

really wants to feed him nutritious foods dont know how, pls help

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by sathyapriyas, May 19, 2011.

1. sathyapriyas

sathyapriyas Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Here I m having 9 months old boy. Atpresent he is not having any food not even milk. I don't know why?usually he will have only 12 oz of formula milk,2 to3 spoons of cooked Rava or health mix porridge. But now he is hardly drinking 5 to 6 oz or milk and just a spoon of porridge. Now he is getting teeth I don't bcoz of that he is not eating anything. Can anyone help me in this? Also one more help..... I tried some varieties of food recipes posted by all of you but this little one, he is not showing any interest in those food. But he likes to have whatever we eat like pizza,ice cream, chips, fanta ......please help me in how to change his food habit to healthy foods... even I tried eating his food infront of him though he did not like his food.....pls help moms.....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012

2. jayprem

jayprem New IL'ite

Hi Sathyapriya

Don't worry about your son, he is teething which is one of the difficult times they are facing.
    Apply some teething gel(bonjela), give him some frozen teething ring and some teething rusk to chew on which is soothing for his aching gums.

You could try feed by himself, which is really messy, but he will become interested in food.

Jay

3. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

sathyapriya...please dont worry excessively..i can understand ur situation pretty well bcz i too went thru this phase recently..but dont feed ur baby ice cream, pizza etc..it is not good for him and he is too small for it..teething can cause problems but there is no need to get worried...y dont u try giving dosa/ idli/ upma...any homemade food is ok...u can also try khichdi rice...try giving a variety of food everyday...if u feel he is losing weight better take him to his dr

4. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

please dont give him junk food to eat.. its very very bad for them..

5. smile14

smile14 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

For teething start giving him Homeopathic medicine ' Calcarea phosph. (Germany Brand). Give 2 pills 4 times a day. It will reduce all his teething problems 90%. Keep giving him regularly till his teething phase is there.

never ever evan let him taste junk foods, he will get this in habit very easily and then it will very very tough to end that habit.

Keep giving him khichadi, daliya, fruit juice, in regular duration even if he eats only 1-2 spoons. You need to be patient with baby.

6. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Since you are in U.S give "Hylands teething tablets" Works wonderfully. They are available in any drug stores...If the gums are swollen then apply baby orajel.

The "not eating" phase is due to teething. Have patience...Also don't give junk food...He is too little. Also NO SODA of any kind...Pepsi, Fanta, Coke all are very harmful for babies....

Also did you try self-feeding...Cut banana into small pieces, give shredded cheese, cheerios, gerber snacks(DS loves the sweet potato ones) etc. Let him self feed and see if he likes..

Have patience...Don't force feed...I am sure it's just a phase and will catch up on eating.

Good luck/

7. sathyapriyas

sathyapriyas Silver IL'ite

Thank you all for all your suggestions. i definitely make use of it.