Raw Rice Availability

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Abu Dhabi' started by kanaka Raghavan, Feb 16, 2010.

1. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite

oh ok!..iam not very sure about that, let us wait for the others sujestions.. i use only par boiled rice (in thanjavur ponni)..

2. velan

velan New IL'ite

hai ranjuz,

where r u staying? then i give u correct landmark.u know Al salama hopital.that building before 2 buil siemens showroom.

with love

yasologu:hide:

3. ranjuz

ranjuz Senior IL'ite

Hi Kanaka, velan,

Thank u for the information..
    Now I understood the place. will check out..
    :thumbsup

4. ranjuz

ranjuz Senior IL'ite

Hi suajtha,

Acc to me ponni & sona masoori r different. I think u will not get the taste of ponni for sona masoori though it looks somewhat similar.... Go to Adil only for specific items only which is not available elsewhere as it is costlier there...
    We use matta rice(red colour) too...

ranjuz

5. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

hi ranjuz,
    yeah, al adil is costlier. can u suggest me some other good stores for Indian rice etc with reasonable prices. i know matta rice. it's good for health but takes long time to cook. also no one likes in my fmly.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  6. ranjuz

ranjuz Senior IL'ite

sujatha,

U can try Abu Dhabi Flour Mills which is backside of Eldorado, near Adil only. Near to the shop is one chettinad restaurant. If u enquire anyone, it will be more easier to find out..
    There u can get all types of cereals, rice, powders etc. Also u can try lulu for common items...

7. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

hi ranjuz,
    we go to lulu only for general items. i just wanted info on getting raw rice, sona masoori. also i hv seen abudhabi flour mill but never tried there.

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Velan
    Thanks a lot.Was able to locate the place.It is called Aliya Mohamed trading co.It is in the road near Siemens on Hamadan.I was able to get Royal Chef raw rice.Only 2 bags were left.Andhra raw rice is available right through the year.The man was saying that there was not any demand for raw rice.Royal chef boiled rice and idli rice were also available.Telephone number is 6721696.It is on the right side three blocks down the road.

9. velan

velan New IL'ite

hai kanaka,

u will try to millenium also near to u r bldg.That shop also i buy somany times royal chef boiled rice and idli rice.we will check it but price is little bit more for that aliya mohammad shop.

with love

yasologu:)

10. Smi123

Smi123 New IL'ite

Hi baby1,

Sona Masoori export is banned from India- so what they sell as sona masooriin adil and in lulu is not that.

I tried rice from dubai- from a shop called the right spices- the rice is really very nice- very similar to sona masorri- it is white, but smaller in size- it is some variant of ponni rice though.. if the same rice would be available in abu dhabi I would be so happy as I get 10kg bags from dubai every time i visit!