1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rationality Does Not Pay Off Always.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Purple2017, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

Today I was having morning walk. While returning, I observed,one water tap was leaking and lot of water wastage was there. The water tap was located by the side of municipal drain. Since there is no rain and water scarcity is everywhere, I took a rational decision to tighten the water tap to prevent leakage. But alas! the cap of the water tap came out and fell on the drain and was swept away. water came in jets. Nobody was nearby to cooperate with me to tackle the situation. Time was short for me as I have to go for office duty. I was not able to do anything and returned feeling guilty. I analysed the situation and found that even rational approach does not pay off always. Risk is always there in any decision,whether rational or irrational. Again in case of living being, there is the 'perception' factor which can change with time unlike a non-living being which is not prone to emotions. One does not know what is the mental condition and perception of a person one is interacting with. Therefore, one should be careful and prepared for risk while taking a decision.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

@Purple2017
    Feel sad that your good intention to stop the leakage in the tap could not fructify. Though it happens sometimes due to circumstances beyond our control,This incident has got nothing to do with rational thinking and so need to abandon rational thinking.
    PS

Purple2017 likes this.
  3. neetaraj

neetaraj New IL'ite

It's sad that your good intention gone to waste .Any intention unless it reaches the end,nobody understands it.Never mind shake it off from head.I think you will find that tap still oozing water,if you could do anything do it

Purple2017 likes this.
  4. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Sometimes good intentions produce bad results . But not always .
    One incident should not make us hard hearted . Lets do the best we can , whenever we can .

Purple2017 likes this.
  5. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

I want to discuss a potential by-product of this incident for the information of all which may be relevant in this website. It is observed many times that conflict between husband and wife is born out of a simple reason, i.e. due to mismatch between one's action and another's perception. One feels that one has behaved in a rational way; where as other's mental condition and perception may be different. Therefore everybody should be a little careful in order to avoid conflict in married life. With experience, one has to be a psychologist to know what can be the worst reaction and be prepared for it. The things which one does not like should be tackled in a different way to avoid anger. The incident which I narrated is related to a non-living object like a water tap. But human being is emotional and should be treated with a different approach which can only be done by another human being......which is very much possible if little care is taken by both the partners.

neetaraj likes this.