Ration Card is a must

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Shanvy, Dec 22, 2007.

1. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Re: How and where to apply for ration card?

If your name and ur hubby name is already in ur native place then first you have to give letter to respective offices in ur native to remove ur name from the card and then attach those letters with ur form if in case ur applying after wedding

or just applying a new card then follow the below steps

1. 1.The application can be obtained from your ration office or district office
    2. Since you reside in Velachery, you have to contact Saidapet office
    3. You would have to give to the office a copy of your Address Proof and Identity Proof [Voter ID card or Driving License].
    4. After that fill it and submit there itself.
    5. The officer from the Civil Supplies Office of your area will come to visit your home to check personally,ie, as per the address mentioned in the Registration Form as well as the Address Proof and Identity Proof.
    6. Then they will issue the card (which will take some time)
    I recently read in newspaper that if you donot want to get any things from ration then u can just get the card immediately and can hold it only for address proof

2. bmpr2india

bmpr2india New IL'ite

Hi deepa and abitha ,

Thank you for your information.

By
    BMP

3. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Now v r staying in a rental home. so shall v submit RENTAL AGREEMENT FOR ADDRESS PROOF??? after march 2011 only v will shift to our OWN HOUSE. what can i do now??? apply now or wait upto march 2011????

4. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

I feel it would be better if you apply after you shift to your own home

5. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

lost our ration card - urgent help......

my parents lost the ration card.
    they live in chennai and got copies of the ration card.
    can some one please what is the procedure to appy for a new one, how long does it take to get it.and any possibility to make the process faster...

6. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Re: lost our ration card - urgent help......

You can call up the particular Rationing or Civil Supplies office, numbers given here:

Telephone Directory - Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection

and ask them the procedure for replacing lost Ration card.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Not sure whether an FIR is necessary or not

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Oviya, i would say do it after march 2011..there is no point in going around 2/3 times. yours would be ambattur/redhills.??

Ashwini, these days there is lot of fraud going on because of the ration cards.

please go to the ration shop under which your card falls, and intimate him that you have lost the card and suspend distribution for the card, this will be stop check if somebody uses it and you may have a chance of getting it.

I think fir is a must these days. but the person at the shop is a better guide. ask your parents to check with him.

regarding other formalities, i am sure there are agents for doing this..(I know there are for lot of things..these days :rant:bonk) outside the civil supplies office..under which zone does your card fall. go to the same office, and there will be these guys sitting outside that office, helping in filling forms, for an amount.they will clearly guide you.

8. SwarnaVenkat

SwarnaVenkat Junior IL'ite

Hi

I m residing in Kodambakam. Both me and DH are in chennai for the past five years. i hav some doubts in the process .Our names are still available in our family cards in native.

Our names have to get deleted from our family cards. I would like to know how long will it take and what are the documents or forms should i submit to get it done? Is there any amount to be paid for the same?

Also we dont have any address proof for our residence except my Post paid mobile bill (for me) and our HP gas connection (for my DH). Will they accept these as valid proofs?
    pls help me in the process.

Thanks in advance
    SwarnaVenkat.

9. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi

I also want information about applying rationcard.

Can you please tell me where to go and give? Will they will be available on saturday's? Also Do we need to delete name from parents ration card.

If everything is ok, i ll go by this week end and make for it.

Shanvy, i have posted one query in "http://www.indusladies.com/forums/housing/122168-plots-at-kaveripakkam.html" and waiting for your reply. Please reply there.

Regards,
    Lavanya

10. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Some one told , now stopped issue of new ration cards so apply in next year. is it true??? Now v r applying in first time only. not for renovation.