1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ranting

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DGcreative, May 26, 2017.

1. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Hello All

I am coming here after a long time. Lot of changes happened since past 3 years. To give a brief, I was staying with MIL, DH & DS after marriage while FIL stays at native with his parents. MIL & FIL do not get along & only because they are old school that they are not divorced.

MIL is a control freak & I was not able to get along with her from initial days. Life was a mess for 7 years & I finally decided to step up for myself & started living separate a year back with DH & DS. DH supported me though not whole heartily & it is obvious as he has the "only son" tag to him.

Although things are pretty fine, but I was anyway never welcome in In-laws house & now I have become total outsider. That's the way MIL treats me. But all this is not in front of anyone of course.
    I don't really mind as far as I have my peace of mind.

The problem is my son has his vacations now & he likes to spend time in In-laws house since he has friends there. In the new house we are barely home for him to make friends. Last whole week DS stayed at In-laws coz SIL had come with her DS who is similar age as my DS. many times that I tried talking to DS, MIL's phone would either be switched off or not answering.

Last night when I mentioned this to DH, he suggested that we both also go stay there for few days. I am in two minds coz staying at In-laws means staying in kitchen whole time that I am there. Plus it is a 1BHK, so if & when I am free I can't even rest. Plus the awkward & outsider feeling will be there.

Don't know what to do.

2. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

its 1BHK, if you are not comfortable , suggest you not to go.
    You can send your son, if your in laws are willing to handle him.

You can go in between 1 or max 2 days or just morning to evening.

3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP,
    if you think your MIL can handle your kid, leave him there for a week. All of you go there , drop kids and come back on the same day. You can cite space as the reason. You guys can also go there in between to check how it's going..

You have already shifted to your new house. That is not going to change. Even if you don't like MIL ,it is better to maintain a safe distance relationship. Some times it works well. I have seen that in many cases-so i think distance ( staying away) most likely helps relationship between dil and MIL.

Enjoy that time with dh. Let your kids also enjoy. I used to stay at my grand parents home like this during vacation time for one or two weeks with cousins. I still cherish those memories.
    Anyway good luck.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    sindmani likes this.