RAMU - Really A Memorable & Unforgetable pet

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by sharadha, Jun 20, 2008.

1. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anu,

Thank you so much for the lovely FB. Glad you liked it.

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sharadha,:hiya

A pognant write up about your dear Ramu.I felt so sad to read what happened :cry:in the end ...to tell you the truth I went back to the beginning to re -read thinking I must have missed something because I just couldn't accept the fact that such a loving faithful pet met with a tragic end.I can well imagine the pain you must have gone through when you faced it.
    Dogs are the best companions for us and your story goes to also prove that a dog doesn't have to belong to any high class pedigree to be loyal or devoted.Even a stray street dog if you feed it and befriend it ,the affection it will bestow upon you will be a hundred times over.Just thinking about their innocent and unconditional love moves me a lot.I can go on and on because I'm just crazy about all canines!
    Do you have any other pet dog after Ramu , now?

warm regards
    PAULINA:wave

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

I will do it this weekend...

Got to scan the hardcopies and then post it I guess

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  4. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Sharada

Just now saw your thread.... You have very well narated about the pet and your feelings for him....

Sometimes it happens dear.. This even happened to one of my friends ..her dog was also taken by the Van....

5. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Dear Paulina,

Very nice write up. I could feel your love and affection for canines through your writing.

Actually my dad never used to like having pets and insisted that I too should not have one. Had to obey my father unwillinglybonk.

In gulf, it is a very big formality to have a pet.. We need to go through en number of procedures and moreover the apartment we live in don't entertain petsWitsend.

Thanks for writing dear.

6. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Brinda,

Nice to c you here. Thanks a heap for stepping and sharing your thoughts. If only my father had co-operated we could have got a license for Ramu and would have kept him with us till his end.

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sharadha
    Abosultely the best story I have read this month!:bowdown Please accept my salutations to youas a writerBow
    I have rushed to nominate you for Finest Post of this month.. In my mind you are without doubt the winner.
    I am sure you will find your Ramu again.. in the heart and soul of someone you would love.
    Please please do keep writing:)

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Sharadha,

A very nice narration. I could completely empathize with you when the dog had been taken away by the dog van which made you sad .

This reminds me of my childhood days when I had befriended a small, pomeranian dog, he was named "Puppy" :). He was white,fluffy and cuddly.

Everyday after school, I finished my homework quickly and ran to my neighbor's house to play with "Puppy". He was such a fun loving and energetic dog. Time flew by so fast whenever I was around him.

My neighbors were also accomodating and understanding, in the sense that, they allowed me to spend time with their dog everyday !

We used to play tennicoit (rubber ring) together. When I threw the ring, he would fetch it back to me..it was so cute and amusing to watch him. We ran around the garden playing and shouting. Those were the best moments in the afternoon. Though he could not speak, his eyes spoke volumes. Usually we can understand what they are trying to say/convey with their bark..but in his case, his eyes conveyed so much !!

But, this happiness did not last long, cause he fell sick, and we could not have our delightful moments together anymore.

Very soon, he passed away which shocked and saddened me so much ( I was hardly 5 or 6 years at that time and could not comprehend it fully)

I could not believe that I will never be able to see him again...:-(. Even my neighbors tried to console me by saying that they would buy a new dog and I could come and play with him. But, it will never replace my sweet loving "Puppy"..will it?

Thanks for making me go down the memory lane and sharing this with you. Always leaves a lump in my throat whenever I think of him.

Cheers
    Krithika

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  9. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Thanks a ton for your reply and also for nominating for the FP of this month. I am indeed honored Bowand it was a sweet surprise for me :). I always wanted to have a lovable dog as a pet but the place doesn't suit till now. When I settle in chennai, I would sure get a cuddly pet to play with.

Dear Krithi,

Thanks for your reply Bow. Its really touching to read your story about your "puppy". Pomeranian are cute dogs and friendly too. They take time to settle with strangers as they are short tempered. Once they start liking someone, you can play with them to your heart's content. Very saddening to loose such a cuddly one [​IMG]. Why don't u buy one in the place you live in? :-D

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sharadha,

What a touching anecdote. Ramu simply enters one's heart and lingers there. He did not deserve the end he met. That left me very desolate indeed and I can only imagine how you must have felt.
    I too pray Ramu is happy where ever he went...God surely must have looked after him.
    Besides entering our hearts, Ramu has entered the FP forum too and rightlfully so:)

L, Kamla