***** Ramamurthy Nagar,KrishnaRajaPuram YELLOW PAGES ******

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by swaran, Jan 3, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Radhica
    thanks a lot Bow
    have you delivered recently...if so,i would advice you to wait for few more months before you start altering the blouses...

2. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

ya swaran..

My DS is now 1.1 year old. I stopped wearing sarees for past 2 years because i gained lot of weight. Now, i have to perform a puja at my in-laws place and have to waer a sree for that. So I am thinking of altering. What is your suggestion ?

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

radhica...my suggestions would be
    (1)if the saree which you plan to wear is not a costly one and the blouse is not a decorated one(in terms of design and cost and your liking as well),i would advice you to alter the blouse...
    (2)else,i would suggest you to go ahead with another new saree/blouse(which you can afford to alter)..if that is not possible ,for the saree that you plan to wear,why dont you stitch another plain blouse with moderate pattern( or no pattern)...in this way,that pattern/stitching will not be lost and you can wear that blouse when you get back to your size....tailors usually say thats its very difficult to alter a stitched blouse..not all take for alteration..and also if you have done some embroidery work/kundan,they wont take...tailors say that the cost/time to alter a stitched blouse is more than making a brand new one...even if they do,it might get spoiled..why to spoil your marriage blouse??
    Hope my suggestions help!!!!!

4. Evolet

Evolet Senior IL'ite

Hi Swaran

I have recently got married and shifted to bangalore. Our house is in ramamurthy nagar. So your threads were very very useful . Can you tell me which is the nearest terminus for bus station.(By terminus am meaning to find a starting point for bus, so that the crowd will be less). My husband has to go to an office near MG road and we could nt find a proper route.Since we just came , we ll buy a 2 wheeler in a week or 2.until then we want to use bus.Any suggestions?

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Evolet
    glad to know that this thread has helped you
    and welcome to Ramamurthy Nagar :)

bus terminus to say ,first and foremost i dont commute using the public transport since i have a 2W...but to MG road ,its better to have a 2W...its good that you guys are planning to get one...
    till then,letme tell you the place where you can catch the bus but remember,the boards in the bus will only be in kannada and so you definetely need to ask the driver before stepping into the bus...
    you can catch buses from ITI gate...you need to cross and go to the other end...near the hanging bridge ,the one which you can see from KRpuram railway station...or the buses from the KRPURAM railway station as well
    there should be frequent buses to MG road as its a single road from ramamurthy nagar...so no worries..but always ask the driver about the destination...there is one bus terminus near the KRPURAM market(not KRMarket) and one more i have heard is near the govt hospital(this i have not seen till date)...the ITI stop i told you is the first stop from the KRPURAM terminus..so its near...
    i personally have never taken the bus to MG road from any of these terminus,so cant suggest the bus numbers,sorry...
    Hope my reply helps you :)

6. Evolet

Evolet Senior IL'ite

Thanks Swaran for the quick reply and your warm welcome.

Actually our house is closer to outer ring road(walkable distance from there) . So can you tell me how to reach KR puram market ? Also can you tell me if there are any local vegetable markets close by where we can buy fresh vegetables.Am looking to buy mainly over the week end and store it for the week. I do get greens near by but the vegetables in the shops seem to be a bit on the costlier side.food bazar near my home see to give fresh vegetables and low price , but i personally prefer buying fresh from market.Please tell me if you are aware of any and also please tell me how to reach that place.

I have not explored the place yet so if you can direct me from outer ring road signal, it will be great.Sorry for bugging you with questions but am really thankful for the information you have posted here and the help you are doing by sharing your knowledge :).

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Evolet,

For fresh vegetables,you can go to KRPURAM market every tuesday...every tuesday,you can get veges fresh and at comparitively low cost...you can use the public transport to reach there...from KRPURAM railway station...
    but if you are staying in the outer ring road,you can go to the KRPURAM railway station and take the bus(to go to MGroad foryour hubby)...i am sorry i dont know whether there is any direct bus fromyour area...better do ask the shops nearby...
    any other information ,please post...if i know,i llsurely respond
    but for fresh veges,you can also ask for the localmarket near your area,if you stay near banaswadi,you can go to the nearby market,i think you ll get fresh veges there instead of going to the KRpurammarket...
    do ask your neighbours for more information...
    Hope my post helps you..:)

8. akilapks

akilapks New IL'ite

Hi swaran and friends,

This is very useful thread for us thanks for sharing everything i am new to IL from akshaya nagar, I need some information about stiching the blouse, anybody knows tailor(tailor) which take measurements and stitch blouse and I have not tried blouse stitching with work, I am little fat so i can try blouse with work pls give some suggestion and pls share what are all the works and different patterns . I want to put my son in some classes like dance, music and some instrumental classes so pls friends if u no about share for me, (advance)thank u for sharing.

GlobetrotterG and swaran like this.
  9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi akila
    welcome to Ramamurthy Nagar :)
    For tailors,you can refer to this post of mine
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...rishnarajapuram-yellow-pages.html#post1585231

i am stil giving my salwars/sarees to these people for stiching...you can give it a try..DEZIRE,they have increased their rates ..so have a look and ask for the price before you give..

regarding classes,there is a cultural centre on the ramamurthy nagar main road(sorry i forgot the name)...they conduct various classes...you can see gajananan sweet shop on the RM main road(near to kumkum dresses)...this cultural centre is on the 2nd floor i believe

other than this,i have seen few fancy shops/juice shops having advt of such classes being taken...i have also seen in More supermarket on the kalkere main road

10. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Hi Swaran

I am back in this thread to ask your help. I need to find a shop which sells rangoli powder and stencils( which can be used to draw patter on floor. Just fill it with powder and roll/glide to make pattern). Thanks in advance and diwali wishes to you and your family...