1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Raagas,Krithis and Raga based Film Songs

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Sriniketan, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Compiling of Raagas or Raagams

uploading maharajapuram, nadathanumanisam, and yaarenna sonnalum-manirangu... (bonus from me:thumbsup:cheers) , in the usual account padma...

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aarthi,
    thanks yaar. i remember listening to one recording of sudha ragunathan which went like sakthi om sakthi and in the same song it was ganapathi rayan....are you referring to this song...

Om shakti Om shaki parAshakti Om shakti Om shati Om
    Om shakti Om shakti Om shakti Om shakti Om shakti Om shakti Om
    Charanam1
    gaNapati rayan avaniru kAlai pidittiduvom gunam uyarndidave vidudalai kudi magizhndidave
    Charanam2
    sholluk-kadangave parashakti shurattanangalellAm vallamai tandiduval parashakti vazhiyenre tudippom
    Charanam3
    vEtri vadivelan avanudai virattinaip-pugazhvom katri nilade po paghaiye tulli varugudu vel

If it is the same song..then there are three more charanams....will post them too...

3. aarthilr

aarthilr New IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Thanks for the reply.But Iam talking about a song which is sung in praise of Ganesha fully , I mean doesnt start with Om shakthi....OK Let me also try on the net, probably it would be given under the title of "Vinayagar thuthi" of bharathiyar songs.

Good to have such nice chats with Indus ladies which helps me recall my music knowledge.

By the way, Maharajapuram is one of my favourites, especially the bhajans casette of his, which has Bho sambho, Ramam bhaje..,Vandheham Sharadham etc,, is my childhood favourite.Every song in this series is very special in its own kind.

Thanks,
    Aarthi

4. kalakshetra

kalakshetra Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanthi

Have you listened to the song Saranga marugane Saveri Balakane Mohana kumarane in Ragamalika sung by Maharajapuram Santhanam? The name of the raga comes in the lines of the song as the raga changes. There are many such songs in Ragamalika. Another one is Yarabhimanam vaithaadharipar yennai Anandabhairavi...

5. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

Se sweet, thanks yaar,

Padma

6. Padmasrinivas

Dear kalakshetra,

I have heard Maharajapuram Santhanam render this ragamalika song Saranga marugane Saveri Balakane in 1975 in a small chamber music concert in Bangalore. Truly awesome, brought tears to my eyes. Some people in the audience also noted the lyrics as it was the first time any of us had heard this song. He also sang 'Sri Chakra Raja Simhasaneshwari' also in ragamalika. simply superb... one of my eternal favourites,

Padma

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

aarthi :cheers for the love of music. let us discuss and learn more.. the bhajan series is of dayanada saraswathi, and i am yet to give a copy of it to padma...
    Hi kalakshetra, your question made me look into it..how could i have missed this..but some places i could not find the correct lyrics.. but he has done such a justice to such a intricate krithi..will post the lyrics as a separate post.
    and yarabhimanam i like E gayathri's veena rendition more than the vocal..for no reasons..maybe I would have heard in on the veena first

How could you forget his raghavendra dayatharoo (I assume that song formed part of that concert along with brigadambikaye in vasantha...
    lucky you...
    interesting info is the lyrics are by yazhpaanam veeramani, when i wanted to know more, tried to google.. and found that maharajapuram was the principal at Jafna for sometime and he has popularized lots of veeramani composition.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

thanks to kalakshetra and Padma, for referring this song, or I would have missed such a brilliant composition...(I have made some mistakes i am sure..if you know the lyrics to tell me where i have made the mistakes..)

<style></style>saranga L maruganE,
    saveri balaganE

mohana kumaranE
    nayaki nayakanE

Saramathi maidhanE
    SAMA gana lolanE

Avalai virain Thodi
    vandene nin vasanta AN

Arulalapil hari
    (Arulapabilahari)
    ara khara priayan e
    alapthirumuruga piramal
    pira muruka piramal
    thozhum bhairavi sudanE
    perumai thantha nattai
    udaya boopala rE
    varuvaai Kadala Ahiri

Kondene Sri murugA

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  9. Padmasrinivas

Shanthi, I can't seem to lay my hands on the lyrics of this ragamalika "Sarangan ...
    What you have given seems OK, will cross-check and revert asap...

I recently learnt Chintayami Jagadambaa, a compostion of Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar of Mysore in Hindolam ragam. Superb lyrics...

Padma

10. kalakshetra

kalakshetra Senior IL'ite

Dear Padma

'Sri Chakra Raja Simhasaneshwari' happens to be my caller tune in my mobile sung by Priya sisters. A very beautiful song in Ragamalika.