R2I Chennai - 2010

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by usharajesh, May 29, 2009.

1. usharajesh

usharajesh New IL'ite

We are planning to return to chennai (currently living in US) next year.
    Any body else planning to return to chennai in 2010?.

About me:
    Both me and hubby are in IT side. We have 2 boys 8 yrs and 3 yrs old.
    We are planning to settle in Adyar, thiruvanmaiyur, velachery area.

2. lavanya_28

lavanya_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

We are planning to R2I this July and we are planning to stay in Velachery. I have a daughter who will be 4 in August. It would be great if you could also reside in Velachery.

Thanks!
    Lavanya

3. sriakila

sriakila New IL'ite

Hi , We are also planning to return to India this Agust and i was curious to know about tthe schools in and around pallavaram as we reside there. my daughter will be 4yrs by July 2010. I would like to know what is the right age to start her KG also. Please help.

4. usharajesh

usharajesh New IL'ite

Happy to know that i got company.
    We are also planning to stay in Velachery or Thiruvanmaiyur area.
    Currently I am considering following schools:

1. Gateway
    2.Pon vidyashramam
    3. Headstart.
    4.Hari shree vidyalaya.

Do u know any other good schools in that area?.

5. sangk76

sangk76 New IL'ite

Hey Guys,
    Include me in your list.. I am planning to be back by 2010 first quarter if not earlier. Considering velachery, adyar or any area which is liveable both costwise and locality-wise. You mentioned you have school age kids. How are you planning to get admission before your move? I have a 7 yr old too and we are not sure which to secure first school or home .. as I think home can be based on where he gets admission. How are you all planning school and home ?

And do you know if we have to make a trip in december/january just to secure school admission? if so do you know which reputed school have tests in that timeframe? It is easier to have consolidate admission tests if we do have to make a trip just for that.. i am confused..

Or if you ladies do have the most power tool need for admission in chennai in good schools - 'recommendation' !! ? As I have no clue or connections that would help me contact school directly that would help me while sitting here in U.S. Infact I am ready to move immediately for this academic year 2009 (thought schools have barely reopened) if i am able to secure admission through 'somebody' in 'some reputed school' :) !! i was considering Bala vidhya mandir, sri sankara, psbb, chettinad, chinmaya, p.s, etc..

Thanks!

6. sriakila

sriakila New IL'ite

Hi,
    Can any one please suggest me with good schools in Adyar or Thiruvanmiyur area? I was thinking about sri sankara.Any thoughts on tthat. How is the admission procedure there. i have a daughter who will turn 4 by july 2010.Please help.

7. oasis

oasis New IL'ite

hi frnds ,
    i am from chennai planning to go chennai after yrs ...but its up to god let be friends...say abt u alll.....

8. usharajesh

usharajesh New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am so happy to meet u all. Hope we can all help each other during our R2I process and make it a successful one.

We are also confused. Don't know where to start. Hubby is planning to start looking for job by end of this year. Also planning to start school hunting from November 2009. What are the schools you are considering?.

We are planning to get admission in Gateway School. Also from IL about " A school".

Location wise we prefer Thiruvanmaiyur, Velachery area. Also these areas are prone to floods. House hunting is another big task.

9. lavanya_28

lavanya_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Usha,

We are planning to R2I in July this year. Actually my husband is already in India and has been looking for a place to stay in Velachery area. I have a daughter who will be 4 years in August. We have got admission in A School for my daughter. She will be starting school only from August.
    We actually first started out by looking at schools in and around Velachery. We looked at Gateway and A School. We got admission in both schools but we preferred A School because it has been started by Chettinad Foundation. Gateway school is an established school but since they have only upto 5th grade in the present location it may become a little tedious to travel. They mentioned to us that a CBSE section was going to start from next year and that would be near Siruseri IT Park which is in Padur. That would be some more travel for my daughter and will become very hard for her. That is why we chose A School.
    So i would say start of by looking at admission into a good school and then look at houses or apartments near that school.

I would also prefer friends who are R2I to Chennai, please put forward your thoughts about what you are planning to do.

Thanks!
    Lavanya

10. PriyaManglu

PriyaManglu New IL'ite

Hi all ,

I am also R2I next year . I have 2 kids who will be 9 and 5 when i hunt for school admissions next year. I also prefer schools in and around velachery.
    Please keep me posted on your admission enquiries and hunts. I will do the same . As of now, I heard Arsha vidhya mandir is a good school but getting admission is really difficult.

A school a group of Chettinad schools but its too small areawise.
    What about Ashram? Does anybody have inputs?