1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

question regarding weaning

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by pav_3, Jan 21, 2010.

1. pav_3

pav_3 Senior IL'ite

Hi, i have a 18 month old and i have been trying to wean him for the past few weeks...he usually demands for BF before his nap time and one midnight feeding..after one whole week of crying he is now adjusted to his new bed time routine and sleeping through the night with his dad while i sleep in the other room...its been 3 days since I stopped feeding him before his nap time. DH was at home, so he took care of the nap time too... Now I'm worried since I read somewere that you can later get breast cancer/infection due to milk left in your breast. Can someone give me some advise on what I should do. Can I go back to breastfeeding him after 3 days or what can I do to make sure no milk is left behind?Kindly advise me....

thanks,
    pavi

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

I stopped pumping 2 months ago and I still get a few drops of milk coming out if I squeeze my nipples. Have not gotten any infection yet.

3. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Pavi,

Now that you have already set the regime right, I think its best to stick to it. As far as BF is concerned there is no end to it. You can do it all your life but still have milk left over.

A colleague of mine, who introduced bottles and joined work, the child refuse to nurse completely after five months. I am sure she must have had much more milk accumulated but she seems to have settled down now.

I think if you stick to limited intake of food, and as sudha mentioned use cabbage leaves then it should even out in a week else you need to consult your gynaec.