1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

question on ideal age difference between you and your husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by daffdil999, Sep 8, 2008.

1. daffdil999

daffdil999 New IL'ite

hi
    i always had this question in mind,like what should be the ideal age difference between the girl and boy in the case of an arranged marraige...in my case,since my DH is from my family circle,it was not an issue,and we were of the same age....but i thought of raising this question here in the forum to see what your opinion was..also there was a saying that says we usually mature faster than men........so what your thought and does this age difference really matters....

2. asrikandath

asrikandath Bronze IL'ite

I feel that 3-4 years age difference is ideal.As you said women are more matured than men.So my view is that there should be 3-4 years of age difference.Moreover women generally look more aged than men.So if there is no age difference ,then the wife looks elder than the husband.However this need not be true in all cases too.

2 people like this.
  3. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Age does not matter dear...

My husband and me 3months difference

4. anithadevis

anithadevis New IL'ite

3-4 is ideal as i feel.Women's are matured earlier than men i guess.If it is 4 yrs in the sence husband could be a friend also.Whatever match is there,character match should be there.Everything will be fine at last.

5. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

I feel 1-3yrs difference is ideal. Not more than 3yrs or else there'll be clash due to difference in thought processes. Same age people almost gel together easily and find easier to get along.
    I will never marry someone more than 4yrs elder to me!

6. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

I would say less than 10 yrs of age difference is Oke in this world as most ppl are more concerned abt financial and career status than family status .. all are running behind making money and getting better job promotions .. the most important matter is how they understand and accept each other irrespective of colour ,beauty,height,age ,body structure like that .. should change the weakness of partner as strength of other...

1 person likes this.
  7. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

this question has been addressed many times but with new posters it will bring new responses.............me & my hubby has age difference of more the 6 yrs & in our case it suits us as I am quite strong headed & his age is something which I respect & bow to when even proper reason may not work.......so I would say it depends on your temperament .

5 people like this.
  8. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

Mahajanpragati
    I agree to you too.. its all society created values, e ven there was a posting regarding height difference between guy and gal .. its nothing important in a family values and no place will be considered as a measuring way ... society creates some values and its we to decide to listen to the society or our personal interests to judge..

9. ramyasuresh

ramyasuresh Silver IL'ite

defenitely there should be a age gap between a boy and girl. In my case i am 5 yrs younger than him

10. jazz16

jazz16 Senior IL'ite

I think age is taken into account while the marriage talks are going on.After a few years into married life, in my opinion , we really dont think about who is elder ...rather it becomes a question of who is more mature to deal with a particular situation. A college friend of mine was the first to get married in our group and her husband was 11 years older. At that time all of us friends were really wondering and shaking our heads...but now when I look at them,....they are so much in sync and enjoying life to the fullest!!
    as long as the partners are happy with each other and are in total understanding....age seems to take a back seat.

2 people like this.