1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

question on cereals

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by loonypooh, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Ramya,

If u r planning for store bought, then u can go for Brown's Silver spoon ragi, 400gms Rs 300/-, very nice and fine like powder. I m giving that to my LO and he likes the taste very much. This is recommended by my Pedi.

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini i am wondering why this powder is so expensive?

3. Padminiramesh

hmmm, i dont know, but we really went through more than 100 shops to get this...and it taste really nice, yummy:)...
    I will be gng to my place tomorrow and shall give the specifications given in the box. I see a lot there...

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

i found it here easily padmini, asked DH to get it, he went to the shop and the lady said, doctor prescribed it? baby not putting on weight is it? LOL, he got scared and came back empty handed... :p. so i asked whats so special about this one.
    anyway i spoke to my MIL to make ragi powder for her, she doesnt seem much interested, instead gave me the one on the kitchen shelf for zoey, and god knows how old that is! bah. so i am going to buy this silver spoon thingie.
    thanks padmini

5. Padminiramesh

It taste good Poo, After cooking I finally mix that with little of my milk and if needed, a pinch of sugar and it will be yummy...:)...to me doc prescribed that and i don't have any weight issues with Hayagreev.

6. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Padmini,

Jaggery will be a better option to sugar.

7. Padminiramesh

Can i start giving Jaggery to Hayagreev now?

8. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Padmini,

At 4 months jaggery is not advisable. I started adding jaggery after seven months only a pea size. Earlier I added milk in ragi so the sweetness was maintained and milk gave it a natural flavour. At 4 months I would do away with sugar too.

9. Padminiramesh

I m not adding much sugar, it is less than a pinch....but anyways i mix BM with that, which will give sweatness to ragi....

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini, we got this silver spoon ragi, and though i HATED it, DD loved it. i cooked it in water, added 1 tsp cow milk... since she is 6 months now... and a tiny tiny bit of jaggery.. yeay.. i just gave her 1 tsp of ragi today, but she was hungry for more. so i followed up with easum...
    so far poop is good ,lol

btw not this, but i just dont like ragi irrespective of brand, i had it only after coming to tamil nadu

oh and yes u need not add even sugar since BM is sweet anyway. once i tasted the apple puree mixed with BM and it tasted as apple pie to me LOL

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010