1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

question about vaccinations for baby in India

Discussion in 'Infants' started by mysha, Apr 7, 2010.

1. mysha

mysha New IL'ite

Hello Friends ,

This is my first posts in IL.I love this wondeful site and the good people in here.I have a 2 1/2 years old boy and 10 months old daughter.She was born in June '2009.As the age gap between my two kids is very small (23 months) and my husband is having back pain problem , it was getting very difficult to manage both the kids.I went to India in this January and had to leave my daughter with my parents there(it was a v.tough decision to leave her ).I breastfed her for 7 months and consulted the doctors ,they said its ok to leave her in India , she can take formula and solids too.Two months have passed since she is in India ,she is doing fine with her grandparents there.I consulted my pediatrician here and she was ok with that.She will be back in a year.One question I have is ,as she will be in India for 1 more year ,she has to take some of her vaccinations in India too.She had all her vaccination till she was 6 months old in USA.I gave her vacciantions record to the Indian pediatrician and he said he will follow it .
    Now from the 9 th month to 1 1/2 year,she has to take vaccinations in India.Some times I get worried ,If its ok for her to get some vaccinations in US and some in India ?Are all the vaccinations same ?(I mean does the change of countrie's vaccine doesn't matter ?).Now the Indian doc suggested measels vacc for her 10 months visit and when I asked US ped,she told they give MMR when 1 yr old ,but its ok to get her measels at 10 months in India.I am getting little concerned about these diffrences

Did anyone faced similar situation like me ?

What precautions should I take reagarding vaccinations in India ?I mean are there any different company manufactured varities to select?Is there anything like imported vaccine (bcas I read somewhere on this forum?).

Please give me your ideas..

Thank you so much for your help.

2. sumividya

sumividya Bronze IL'ite

hello mysha,
    i dont have answer to ur question , but i have 1 question to u. my DD name is also mysha, i want to know how u pronounce ur name MY-SHA OR IT IS MEESHA.
    I CALL MY DD MEESHA BUT MY INLAWS CALL HER MY-SHA
    DO REPLY