Question about periods after birth

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by ptamil2007, Dec 21, 2007.

1. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,
    where can i buy disposable pentties here in Usa?
    thanks

2. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

Thanks Vanathi for the useful info... it puts my mind to ease...

3. suvidhya

suvidhya Senior IL'ite

birth control

Hi all... have anybody heard about the side-effects of having Intrauterine device (IUD) ? Pls advice.

Cheers,
    Suvidhya

4. suvidhya

suvidhya Senior IL'ite

Hi desiprincess,
    I delivered a baby boy on 2/26/08, and had my first period duirng mid-april. I have heard many women stating they have not had periods for months after delivery. Hence I think it depends on individual bodies.. and so nothing to worry about.

Cheers,
    suvidhya

5. suvidhya

suvidhya Senior IL'ite

to adhusmom

hello adhusmom,
    i had my delivery at the end of feb'08. my first period was in april'08. Since then till september, i had regular periods(but not exactly 28 days..it varied).but now in october, i still havnt had my periods. iam really really worried n stressed out like anything. I had a home pregnancy test yesday. It came out negative. I went to doctor today, she again did a urine sample test, and told negative. But she said that if I dint get my periods in next 10 days, i will have to go for blood test. As per me, I have very very minimal chances of getting pregnant. Iam still breastfeeding my son, but not as frequent as before(only 2-3 times a day, rest he is formula-fed.). Is there any chance that my periods is absent, without me being pregnant again? Pls advice.

cheers,
    suvidhya

6. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi friends...

I had my periods after 5 weeks of delivery, but is it normal to miss or delayed period after that ? I have stoped taking my prenatal vitamins also. Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

So sorry i missed this Suvidhya. What happened? Hope things worked out for you.

I think periods can be somewhat irregular when you first start having them after delivery (esp if you are BFing). I know you arent BFing but still its possible.

Vanathi.

8. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

I was sooo hoping for lacational amnorrhea but the darn period showed up after three months, and I was exclusively breastfeeding, on demand, day and night. I am still confused as to why my periods arrived so early. I was enjoying the time when I didn't have periods.

Raj